Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went to Decker today. Fished from 7:10am - 11:30am. Water was off color, visibility less than a foot. Don't know what the water temp was like. Started on the warm water side in the reeds across from the discharge throwing SBs. Nothing for the first 30 minutes. Moved to a point mid-lake. When we came up on the point there was a lot of activity. Shad running for their lives and fish coming completely out of the water.

My son and I immediately started catching both whites and blacks. We continued for the next hour going up and down a 100 yard stretch of reeds. He was throwing a 1/2 oz. Boo-yah white SB w/ willow blades, one gold one silver. I was throwing a chartruses, white, and blue Boo-Yah with the same types of blade.

We did really well. By the end of the fishing time he ended up with 13 and I had 11. The wind really started blowing around 9:30am so it made the last 2 hours uneventful.

My son lost one at the boat which probably went over 5, at least we got to see it. I know (Dad should have got the net) Of the 24 we caught, maybe 8 were whites and the rest blacks. The biggest, we were able to boat was a 4.2 lb. Best 5 went 13.8 lbs.

Had the camera but nothing really worth posting. We had a great time out there. Always nice to have quality time with my son.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yea, it is great when they blow up like that. I have had them do that a couple times in that first cove on the other side of the dam. Throwing Top Waters every cast was a hook up, same as you, mixed bag with Whites and the majority being blacks.
Good to hear you had a good day with your son on the water. One thing boys always remember are the times they spend on the water with there father.

Emmett

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the catch...I have seen the whites school like that before... we ended up with 25 in about 45 min. the last time.. I was there on sat...fished from 8-4 and caught 2 blacks 17" and 18" on frogs in the reeds. Lost 3 big ones that were over 4 lbs... Trolled in between and snagged some whites..biggest one was 13"...fish-on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.