Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boxATM and I hit Decker this evening to try and hook a few pre-front style. Wind was gusting 20+ at times until just before dark it started to calm down. We caught fish but didn't really find a good pattern. Started out fishing a couple of coves. Saw one bedded bass but she got spooked and moved on. Then I caught one in shallow water on TX rig worm. Was pretty skinny so may have been spawned out, not sure.

Decided to throw cranks at the dam and caught one right away.

Here is one of 2 fish boxATM picked up shortly after.

Started getting dark so we hit one more cove on the way back to the ramp. I had a chunk on that would have gone about 3lbs but came unbuttoned at the boat. A couple casts later I caught this fat lil perch and boxATM hooked one too almost the same size. They both hit medium diving crank baits.

Wished we could have fished this area a while longer to find the big fish feeding on these fat perch but had to leave them biting. Total was 5LMB and 2 perch. Pretty slow but I've done worse on Decker. Lots of boats out there this evening. The parking lot was full when we left. Hope everyone got to catch a few tonight.
boxATM -thanks again for taking me fishing. Hope to do it again soon.

Bone

· Registered
90 Posts
Them perch fillet'd up good. I need to remember that spot to take the daughter and a can o'worms.

Fishbone handed it to me yesterday, I just coudn't get on a consistent pattern of location or lure. But it was fun. After a little trailor repair, we'll do it again.

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Yeah around this time of yr those big perch spawn out there, they will attack everything you throw.

I use to keep them for a lady at work she loved to eat them. She still calls me occassionally and asks if I have caught any perch lately.  She was from Louisiana I guess they sell perch in the markets down there but its illegal here in Texas to sell not to eat ;D.

Glad to see Decker produced a few fish for you guys.

Take Care
H.H.J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.