Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Decker today from about 10 this morning till about 5:30. To start things off when I unload the boat and pull up to the dock a guy ask me if I have certified scales by chance. " No I don't, ya'll got a big fish?" Yep 11 1/2 lbs trying to find some certified scales think we may have a lake record. They called Parks and Wildlife but their computers were down so they could't tell them what the record is. I told them that
I thought it was bigger than 11 1/2 but wasn't for sure. Sure got my heart to racing, hoping that I too may catch a big girl today. Ok now for the report.

Caught 9 fish for the day( no 11 lber. dang it). All fish caught up close to the reeds on Rattlesnakes  TR except for one that was caught on a black and blue jig w/ grande bass creature bait. Probably missed 7 or 8 fish also( I felt like a rookie out there today).  Almost forgot most of the fish were probably around 2 to 3 lbs except for one that was about 6 inches long.

Talked to Robert and Gene ( I think ) , they were fishing their club tourney so I won't say how they did, but it was nice to meet you two guys. Hope ya'll finish well in your tourney.  

Other than that it was a nice day to be out fishing.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
txlunkerhunter, what boat were you out there with?  I was there from about 9-11:30 in a green alumacraft jon.  Wanted to stay longer but that was all the time I had.  Sounds like you had a good day. I only managed one about 3lbs. on a crank, at least it was a decent fish.  I fished a TR senko for a while but for some reason today I was real impatient so i kept working that crank.  Maybe if I just calmed down and continued with senkos or rattlesnakes I would have done better.  Cut my right index finger pretty good on a can earlier this week and it hurts still and is bandaged so I couldn't cast as precise as I wanted and I think that contributed to my impatience.  Would've loved to see that 11lber.  My PB is from Decker, maxxed out my 8lb scale at 23.5 inches and I that looked huge.  Even though I didn't do as well as I hoped it sure was a nice day to be out.

The record for Decker is 12.21lbs/26inches/1998!

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Gene and Robert (in Ranger R77 Boat) , Roy (Alumacraft) and Bill (Cobra)...were some that were  fishing the Austin Police Dept. Bass Club Tournament. It was a nice day on the water, just wish I could of found a pattern. 10 hours of hard fishing, wore my arm out..LOL.

However, still better than working. Cannot beat the beautiful, cool crisp morning...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Txlunkerhunter, nice to meet you. We ended up catching some more after we talked to you, but it was a tough day. I too, have a really sore arm today, but know better than to complain about it or my wife might tell me I should give it up if it is that hard on me...hahaha

Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.