Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy One_Mo_cast decided to head out to Decker this morning, and am I glad we did. First place we hit the shad were pushed up in the reeds and the bass were there too. In all we caught around 30 - 40 fish maybe, lost count after the first 30 to 45 mins of fishing. Yes it was that good. First 10 to 12 fish were all from 3 to 4 lbs.
Most fish were caught on white spinnerbait although about 10 were caught on TR rattlesnakes. Highlight of the day was this 6 lber caught maybe 10 mins. after telling my buddy that I have always thought I should catch a big fish in this one area but never have in 25 years of fishing Decker.

Picture taken with cell phone and I'm a big ol' boy so it doesn't really do it  justice.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Before I finished reading your post, I thought to myself, "if that bass is a 6 pounder, that dude must be a big ol' boy."

Then I read your description of yourself! ;D!

Congrats on the NICE fish and the spanking good day. I moved to Dripping Springs area and Decker is now like 45 miles away, but I used to get some nice chunks out of that lake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.