Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to Decker about 9am this morning.  Nice morning, cool, just a little breeze and sunny.  Fished the warm side of the lake for about the first hour without a bite.  There were a few boats crowded around the discharge but I have no idea how they did.  Trolled some deep cranks around the power lines for a bit and then decided to look for some shad/hybrids.  But no luck catching any shad.  I think it had to do with all the algae in the water.  I came back to the intake area to look for shad and since I didn't catch any I figured I might as well fish there.  Caught 6 LMB, the smallest right at about 14 in and the biggest about 20 in.  Caught all of these in the span of about an hour.  

I left just before 2:00pm and the only reason I did so was because I had a nail in one of my tires and I needed to get the tire fixed :-/  Noticed one of my tires was really soft last night and discovered the nail so I put air in the tire last night and again this morning and put my portable pump in the car too!  I was kinda disappointed i had to leave.  Saw Thunder at the ramp with his kids so you know he's gonna be taking home a few hybrids.  Plan to be back tomorrow and see if I can pick up where I left off today.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was back at it again today. Tried hitting up some whites at the outfall early this morning but no luck .. even though they were chasing shad everywhere. But I gave that up pretty quick and decided to do what worked yesterday and I had no regrets. Best 5 would have gone 10 lbs maybe. Nothing really big but all in all a fun day. One thing I have noticed is that the fish sure are energetic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got off work early today (3/17) and decided to give Decker a go. Got to the lake about 1:30 this afternoon (parking lot had 14 trailers in it, miss the old days when there were maybe 3 on a saturday morning) fished till 7:00. Caught 19 fish total, biggest was maybe 3 1/2 lbs. All but one fish was caught on a white spinnerbait fished along the reeds REAL SLOW. First 45 mins. I was there had 5 or 6 fish then it was one here and one there. Last 45 mins to an hour caught 8 or 9. Fun day of fishing, can't wait till I can go again.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least being temporarily unemployed has one advantage.  Had a few things to do after lunch today but figured I might as well get in a few hours at Decker this morning.  Even got the wife to go with me. Was a little more windy/chilly/cloudy than earlier this week but it warmed up by the time I was leaving.  Only got 2 this morning but this was about the average size over the last few days.  If you wanna catch a few and aren't too concered about a lunker I'd say Decker is a good bet right.  Got stuff to do tomorrow morning but who knows I might be back again in the afternoon.  Holler if you see me ..... 14 ft alumacraft jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.