Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and One_Mo_cast hit Decker this morning starting around 7:45 this morning. It was looking pretty bleak for the first couple of hours. Had a couple of fish after about 2 1/2 hrs. of fishing and the it was on. Finished the day with probably 30 or so fish, lost count cause the action got fast and furious for us in the last couple of hours. Probably 10 - 15 fish in the 2 -2 1/2 # range the rest were small but still fun. It has been several years since I've had that many fish on Decker in a day. It was a blast. No pics today forgot the camera in the truck and didn't want to take the few minutes it would have taken to go get it.

· Registered
842 Posts
Well Txlunger ya'll did much better then me. I hit the water on Decker at about 0730 fished till 1200. During that time I cought 7 fish 5 LMB's about 2# and 1 dink. Also cought 2 nice Hybrids trolling a silver/blue top rattle trap.
The LMB's were all cought in about 4' of water against the reeds with a wat/red baby rattle snake. the water temp was 54 deg.
Over all had a great day on the water. Next trip I thing I will try Georgetown. I am going to try and do that on Friday or the first of the week.
There should be more Decker reports, there were quite a few boats on the water today. Some had to of been ABFers.

Emmett

· Registered
300 Posts
I also hit Decker from 8 till 1pm on Wednesday. Caught 10 and missed 4, all in the 14" to 18" range. Fished all reed lines with TX/worms. Weather was absolutely gorgeous, then winds picked up about noon.

Hey Emmett, I know you like to fish Decker, so I was looking for you, just in case you were there, to shout out a hello. What boat were you in?

Nitro

· Registered
842 Posts
Hay Nitro, I was in the Green Nitro Fish & Ski. I fished the back on the East side reed lines. Except when I trolled a little for Hybrids. I fished the front part for about 10 min. before I left. Wish I would of know you were there.
I did see a nitro trailer in the lot when I got my truck to load up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.