Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the lake about 0730 fished till around 1230. Cought 7 LMBs total 6 of them nice slot fish and one dink. All fish were cought in 3-5' of water on the back side of the lake. The largest hit on a Mr. Twister in Pearch. The smallest and anoter nice fish hit a yellow spinner. The rest were cought with a watermellon red baby rattle snake. Water tem was 54 just past the dam and 58 in the cove across from the discharge (Where I cought most of the fish).
All in All, I had a nice day on the water. But then again its always nice to be on the water. I enjoy it out there even when I don't catch fish.
The pictures are of the largest and the other one is about the size of the rest. Except for the dink, I did not get his photo.

Emmett

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Emmett, looks like you had fun today. I caught my PB today, 6.2 lb. largemouth. My buddy and I ended up with 10 fish. Two 5 lbs, one 4lb and the rest under slot. I was using 7inch black Power worm and watermelon/red flake.  All were caught in the back on the east shoreline and coves.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Procraft, congrats on the personal best. It looks like they were hiting pretty good yesterday. What color boat is your Pro Craft? I saw a blue one running around, was tha you?

RG, it indead was nice to be on the water once again. I am paying for it today, that is for sure. But well worth the pain.

Thunder, That is a nice looking fish. It looks better on here then it did looking at it on your phone at the ramp.

Emmett

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is Decker the same lake as 'Walter Long'? I just recently moved down from the Ft. Worth area and starting to check out some local lakes. Looks like some nice fish coming from this lake. I fished Lake Austin for the first time on Saturday and did okay flipping docks with the jig. I'll get some pictures up later on today. Largest was 6.5 pd's. Look for me on the water I ride in a Z19 'blue/red/silver'.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nitro, it does look like it is picking up. Hopefully it will stay like that.

Procraft, Thanks, I like the color to, there arn't a lot of boats that color it seems. With any luck my next trip out there will be in a couple of days. Once these storms move out of the area and it settles down a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.