Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'd like to say that weathermen suck. Called for winds up to 30-35 mph on tuesday out of the west -southwest so I cancelled my trip to fayette. Woke up and low and behold not much wind and it was out of the southeast. Headed out to decker (didn't want to get to far from the house just incase by sheer luck the weathermen got the forcast right just a little late). Caught 5 fish, 4 blacks and 1 hybrid. Didn't get on pattern just a fish here and there. Should have reread jason's (I think that who posted) report before heading out. No biggin's did have a couple around 3 1/2 lbs each.
Still nice to catch a few, and may head on down to fayette in the morning (haven't made my mind up yet).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man, TxLH, that's about bassackwards on the wind ain't it? I can't remember how many times my bro-n-law and I carefully planned Fayette trips based on light wind forecasts, only to get there and find "light" winds howling at 25+ mph and the lake white capping with 3' rollers! And, yes, the same derogatory references to the weatherman were made....and then some. Better luck to you tomorrow if you head to Fayette.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
NOAA FORECAST FOR FAYETTE FOR THIS WEEK:

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 63. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 38. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 69. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west.
Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 41. North northwest wind around 5 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 77. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. North northwest wind around 5 mph.

Congrats on five bass....That lake can produce some big hybrids. I use to catch them, back when they were generating, at the discharge on ultra-light spinning gear. You can still catch them jigging out in the main lake, in deeper water. Also, at the intake, right outside the buoys.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red Rattletrap while fishing in front of the reeds over close to the dam. Was hoping a few more would be around but didn't hook up with anymore. And it hit like a freight train. Thought I had a big fish on when it hit.

G

·
Hello

My girlfriend and I are new to Austin and would love to find a great place to fish from shore and catch anything. We just like the fight. Any ideas as to where we could fish and what bait/lures we would need? Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
Fished Decker yesterday afternoon for a few hours and only managed nine fish. The fish that I had been on have moved with the recent increase in water temp. I had been catching 15-20+ largemouth an outing from the same two or three spots every week since December. Bandit deep flatmax in chartreuse, 8-12 ft deep with grass, very little hydrilla mostly coontail. I think the fish are moving from their staging areas and moving up into the coves. Guess I'll have to start beating the shoreline cover next trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.