Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught 3 -2lbers. Really windy. Had to work hard for those fish. Caught them on watermelon & watermelon/red flake Lake Fork ring fry. All were caught on the rocks, close to the spillway. Saw quite afew boats out there. Anybody from here out there?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I was out there also Saturday.  We caught 3 dinks.  Talked to two other boats; "none" and "a couple" is all we heard.

I was fishing with my father and Bro-n-laws.  They're new to fishing, but I don't think that had anything to do with the slow bite.  We fished from 7 'til noon.  Threw everything at 'em.  

We were in a white & blue skeeter....

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was out there as well in silver and blue Cat. Very slow and windy. Fish were not in the reeds for me as I expected or planned. Bite did turn on for me at noon C-riggin in 18' of water. Boated 5 in short time, nothing over 3lbs-fish were cold. Did see wacky.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Steve,

Good to hear you got on some fish. My trolling battery cratered on me around 10, so we were at the mercy of the wind. Not able to fish everywhere we wanted. I need to work on the deeper water action this time of the year.

I remember chattin' with you about your Cat. I love those boats. They were pretty popular in East Texas. Don't see too many 'round here....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Too bad EA wasn't out at Decker Friday morning filming TWO SUVs fully dunked by noon. 1 around 8:30 - white Explorer front-first right down the road in the fog, down the ramp and right in. Second - about 10:30 - a blue Tahoe with trailer backs in to load pontoon, and driver accidentally hits gas instead of brakes. The only thing that stopped it was the trailer jacknifing in 7 ft. of water.
OUCH! Bad morning on Decker...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea guys I'm the one who called 911 on the white jeep! :eek: First one on the ramp @ 0645 Quite a surprise. The austin cop who showed up first weighed about 330, first words out of his mouth were "I'm not a swimmer" good one!!! Brian

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Amazing...only on decker....

I fished out there in the summer and somebody backs down the ramp to launch there boat and leaves the explorer parked on the ramp while he is out joy riding ::)

Upon further inspection, the explorer was missing a few doors, and only the drivers seat was installed, windshield, windows were all gone.

There were car parts (driveshafts, transmission, etc) stacked up in the truck where the seats should have been...

------------------------

Another time, there was a jetski who was making full speed runs and doing the 360 degree move between the two docks as people were trying to load/unload.

I think is was that same trip where I saw a dude who was soo drunk, he walked right off the end of the pier, a full 5 seconds before the boat got there to pick him up...

Funny stuff at Decker....

I heard Schlitz Malt Liquor is sponsoring a picknik out there ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You guys ever been out there, or tried to go out there only to see that they were holding a Triathalon at the park? And that it was closed to boating/fishing.

I bet there were 40's smashed all over the entry gate pavement that weekend. Corner store probably took a hit.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Grnhead said:
I think is was that same trip where I saw a dude who was soo drunk, he walked right off the end of the pier, a full 5 seconds before the boat got there to pick him up...
Hey I would like to forget that day.lol Naw,that wasn't me,only drunken thing I have ever done at decker was lose my shorts when we were tubing out there once.And I mean completely lost,had to come back to the shore looking like the day i was born,booty nekkid lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts