Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weekend angler wakes up on Saturday with only one thing on his mind. Where am I going fishing? I layered up, poured the coffee and hit the SH one-thirty. I arrived at a deserted park. I dropped the Pond Prowler off the tailgate and made ready. A medium sized bass boat with a 225HP launched next to me. His boat floated easily off the trailer. I asked him if the low water level affected his ability to launch. He said he understood that others were having problems, but he has been fishing Decker regularly with no problems. I bade him good luck and he reciprocated. We would be the only two watercraft on the lake this morning.

I put on my rainsuit, pulled the Prowler to the end of the pier and shoved off at 7:00AM. I trolled up the western arm, battered by the rollers coming down the fetch. I made it to the lee of the peninsula. I started getting bit right away with a TR beaver at the outside edge. I caught four pretty quick on six bites. The good feeling of getting bit was helping to offset the wonderful “three season weather” I was experiencing. Then it started raining. The bass boat ran to the ramp. I chose to make turns for the eastern arm. Why not, I had the lake to myself.

I got to the end of the peninsula and decided not to push around into the whitecapping chop. I turned around and fished back the way I came. I grinded for the next three hours, getting one bite that jumped off boat side. I was suffering from exposure, but more than that, I was suffering not getting bit. The wind picked up even more, the rain was really pelting down. Every twenty minutes or so I was stopping to bail out the cockpit. The wind went to fresh and I took it to the ramp. Off at noon.
Water Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Fisherman

·
Registered
202 Posts
THAT is dedication. i'm really surprised the bite wasnt better though. usually cold nasty weather like today are my best days on the water, catch wise. thank you for the report AND the pic of the ramp. I can launch at decker again! but first i have to take care of some business...i know this is a fishing forum, but i just bought some new property and these guys are trespassing
Wood Gesture Grey Font Asphalt

Wood Grey Art Tints and shades Grass

Deer Plant Natural landscape Fawn Grass

Organism Gesture Plant Tree Font

Deer Plant Fawn Grass Tree

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please don’t be misled by the photo Liebersdad. The water level is still extremely low. I think if we tried to launch Todd’s Stratos we would have a 50-50 chance of getting it off the trailer.

The man at the ramp said he found a low spot just south of the middle of the ramp where the trailer sits low enough for him to launch. Also the east wind pushing water up against the shore probably helped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks for that ive been jonesing to fix decker and its close enough (and on the way to strop) that i will likely chance it soon. it'll give me an opportunity to provide a report for other non-kayakers, too since i generally dont have much to report in the way of fishing 😜🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m guessing you got the date wrong? I’d assumed the bloop, bloop, bloop happened on Thanksgiving. The sedan was already in the water at dawn the morning of the 25th. BTW, how did you do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts