Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the water for the first time in almost 2 months.  it was wayy cooler than the last time i was out.  dindn't catch too many fish but it was nice to be out.  was there from about 8:30 to 12.  got one small LMB and had a couple others that followed the lure all the way to the boat and then got spooked on seeing the boat (is there something i could be doing wrong? :-/).  i've nver had this happen so often in one day.  as it got a little warmer i decided to head out mid lake to some deeper wate and located some fish on the fishfinder and kinda just followed them around.  did manage a small white bass in about 45 feet deep jigging a spoon.  did have something much larger swing under the boat real quick and caught the line in my prop before i could even react properly :mad:.  I wanted to continue just sort a drifting following the fish but the wind started to pick up and it was hard getting my jon to stay where i wanted and the rid was getting pretty bumpy so i called it quits about mid day. but all in all still a good day to be back on the water

· Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like you had fun just getting out there. I normally don't catch many fish out at Decker either, I was out there last night from about 5pm till 10pm, set up by the dam and dropped in a green light, had a swirl of minnows and shad by about 8:30, I could hear the fish actually bumping into the bottom of my boat, and could not get a single one to bite...really weird

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.