Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I launched first, an hour and a half before sunrise. As I passed the no wake bouys, a yakker launched. When I got to the peninsula, I could see multiple vehicles pulling into the lot. I made the long cruise, all the way up the eastern arm. Nice easy morning.

As false dawn lightened the sky, I cast senko to the reeds and caught a fun-fish. On the next strike, my senko reel’s anti-reverse failed, the reel overrunning and the fish jumping off, what? I tried some TR but no takers so I went back to senko and got a couple more, in spite of the intermittent anti-reverse. The lake is so low, I decided to throw a frog at the reed edge mat. I got a nice blow-up on the frog but I missed the hookset.

I went back out the same shoreline but on the outside edge. Nothing. I went across to the opposite outside edge. I got a strike and whiffed. I set the anchor down and focused my efforts on the outside edge. I was getting bit on nearly every cast, but I only got a third of them to the boat. An angler in a jon boat next to me caught a four-four, I think on a chatterbait. I got one on 3.3 paddletail, the rest on straight tail worm. The bites tapered off so I started fishing my way back. I never got another fish. About halfway back to the ramp I was paged into work, oh well. As I approached the ramp, I could see some pump action.

I got twelve in the boat but nothing over two pounds. That’s OK, I’m still happy about last night’s Astros win. Off at noon. Let’s Go Astros!
Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Fish

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's odd nothing over 2# especially this time of year. Still, 12 catches is a fun day!

Since you're out there regularly will you alert us if/when the water level rises sufficiently to paunch a power boat?

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I will notify y’all when the level comes up. I got optimistic when I saw that the Decker fill pumps were running.

I mentioned this to Todd as I was launching candy at the trick-or-treaters thru the spooky wrapped 8’ rod shipping tube. Todd stated, “Decker is a awfully big bath tub.”

·
Registered
200 Posts
appreciate it and love the hear the pumps are going. one day we will find each other on the water and shake hands.

lol good idea on the rod tube candy distributor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts