Bass Fishing Forum banner

Decker 10/17/20

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jcthurman 
#1 ·
Last night when Todd told me we were going to Decker, I could hardly contain my excitement! We set a rediculously early meet time. We were construction detoured off the SH toll at 290. We approached the lake from the west and pulled thru the unattended gate. We were surprised by the low water level. This could be why there weren’t many boats launching.

We ran across in the dark and settled into a hydrilla patch. Todd got a few on Tokyo-rig in the pitch black, which I always take as a good indicator that the fish are biting. I told Todd, “Please do not move this boat until I catch a fish!” I caught three good’uns in the next five minutes on senko. We were off and running!

Such a phenomenal fishery, the swarthy fish were strong and hungry. We ran down the shoreline, right down the middle of the hydrilla, fishing both inside and outside. The low water level meant Todd was occasionally pulling up the troller to remove the accumulated hydrilla, but it was worth it. We were catching them inside, outside and topside of the hydrilla.

We were having fun with the, “Look it here-uh!” It started raining and the bite really turned on. We were assembly-line catching. We must have said, “Look it here!” forty times between the two of us. Weekend anglers still have weekend chores, so we twirled up the rods and headed in. Todd showed me how to get 4-LOW and lock the diff to recover the Stratus. The ramp is steep, wet, blown-out and chuck-holed, but nary a slip as we pulled out. Thanks again Todd for an awesome day! Can’t wait to get back!
Fish Bass Fishing Cod Recreation
Fish Bass Fishing Fish Giant seabass

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.