Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught my first fish of the new year yesterday at Pflugerville. It was a cutie-pie, I hope that set the stage for larger fish through the coming year. I made the round of P-ville‘s west shore without a bite. I anchored in a fortuitous spot and cast into the wind. The bites were coming regular from the outside edge. I was throwing TR into 7 FOW. I caught five on ten strikes.

Todd and I arrived at Decker at the crack of dawn. The parking lot was busy with yakkers preparing for a jackpot. They were mostly using the “closed” right ramp. We launched with no wait from the left ramp. The water level is up just a little, the filler showing a spout of pump action.

We ran to a main lake shoreline and started fishing. The wind started blowing early and never relented. We started with moving baits. I got a fun-fish on the squarebill, but then we couldn’t catch another chaser.

The fish were somewhat aggressive, some would say they were “actively feeding.” We each got around fifteen bites. I was fortunate to convert more than half my bites into fish in the boat. Todd did not fish as clean and got six to the boat. The larger fish eluded us, but the fun-fish gave a good stretch to the line. I caught most of my fish on a drop-shot morning dawn roboworm. Off at 1:00 P.M.

As Todd wiped down the boat, a young couple in a VW bug pulled alongside. The young man in the passenger seat with the bobber equipped rod arching over his shoulder asked, “Did y’all catch anything?”

I replied in the affirmative. The female driver immediately inquired, “WHAT!”

I said, “Largemouth.”

The pretty yet impetuous young “lady” demanded, “WHERE!”

Todd pointed at the lake.

I hope they found the fish! Happy New Year!
E42652CC-1584-46F5-99CE-7025B37B11A9.jpeg

·
Registered
348 Posts
You and Todd continue to be my hero's. And way to help that next generation guys. That was a lot more information than I would have given them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts