Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the pleasure of fishing on a weekday ;D.  Nice cool morning and then it warmed up.  Got there about 10am and fished till about 3pm.  Water temps were 51/52 generally and only a slight wind.  I have to say that I'm liking the seats I put in the boat.  They make it a whole lot more comfortable than the bench seat.  Took me a while to figure out a pattern.  Which was look for points with grass about 6-7 feet deep and move a crank right over the grass.  Sure you end up cleaning grass of the hooks a lot but it worked.  Didn't catch a ton of fish but I did manage six.  The smallest was about 2 pounds and the biggest just about 4.  It was one of the nicest days on the water that I can remember for a while.  

and yeah that's my $2 dollar scale/tape in the background.  I really should just get a proper scale.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice fish Fuzz, glad you got out.

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Nice pics and report! I was thinking to myself, "What a great day this would be to be fishing..." As I walked back into the office after lunch. Moments later a picture text confirmed that some of my friends were indeed fishing! Arrrrgh!

Good work! At least some of us made the right call! ;D

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely the right move.  The option was to fish later this week and now it seems a cold front/winter storm is headed this way.  There's just something a little extra special about fishing on a weekday too.  Joked about that with a few guys who were launching about the same time I was.  On a non fishing note .. almost forgot this ... when I was leaving 2 guys pulled up with a wicked jet catamaran.  Said they had just done some work on it and were looking to try it out.  Sure was cool to see and hear (cos I was leaving) but it probably sucked for a few that were still there.  The rooster tail from that thing probably went back a few boat lengths.

· Registered
284 Posts
took my dad out there last Thurs and we caught a few chunks like that by the discharge off senkos and a rattlesnake just after dark. Dad got one to the boat with a nice bucket mouth and shook free. We figured at least 4lbs. Had a couple other nice bites as well.

· Registered
712 Posts
Nice looking Decker bass there Fuzzy. I really enjoy fishing Decker for Bass this time of year slow rolling white willow leaf SB around grass and the little bit of timber to be found out there, Have caught some really nice chunks the last couple of years out there in this weather

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.