Trip Report​
Date: Saturday January 16, 2010
Time: 02:23 PM US/Central

Water Conditions: Calm, clear to slightly stained
Air Temperature: 54 deg.
General Weather:
* Clear and sunny
Wind Speed: 5-8 knts
Lunar Phase: New @ 1.1 days (Not Visible)

Trip Notes: All caught on finess watermelon worms rigged shaky-head. Caught most in 8-10 fow along the reeds

Trip Photos:

Total Recorded Catches: 1
  • Catch 1: Sunday January 17, 2010 02:20 PM US/Central
  • Fish: Black Bass, Largemouth Bass
  • Weight: 2-3 lbs.
  • Length: 12"-16"
  • Bait: Plastic Worm, Unspecified
  • Notes: 8 total caught

Sent from my iPhone using iFishJournal -- Fisherman's Journal App!

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Re: Decker 1/18

Looks like a fun day on Decker! Wish I could've joined you but was too tired from trip to CA and only had 1 hr daylight left. You got a pattern working there with the watermelon on the shakeyhead. WTG!

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Decker 1/18

Yeah, the old shakyhead does it again! I am still working out the kinks with the whole iphone to austinbassfising forum transfer. I think it worked out fairly well but hope to improve on it in the future.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Browncow I was out there from about 11-1 so I may have seen you. I was in a green flat bottom jon. I really went out to try out the boat since i put some folding seats in and moved around my battery so i wanted to see how the boat balanced and planed out. Did manage one fish right about the size of the ones in the pic, near the intake but that was it. I've use the shakey head on the river with some success recently but I haven't had the chance to try it on the lake yet. The fishing partners I had yesterday didn't have too much patience for that method and much preferred ripping a crankbait through the water. Nice to see you gets some decent sized fish out there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.