Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Decker Saturday morning from 7am till noon. We managed several fish early on crankbaits and flukes in the grass and around the reeds.

Later in the day we decided to go for some white bass so we pulled out the deep diving cranks and managed to catch 8 white bass from the front side of the lake.

Nice day to be fishing.

H.H.J.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HARD-LUCK, how was the water looking out there? has it cleared up? Lake level normal? Did u have to get nasty with any Jet-Flees? Sam & I are going on a guided Salt-water trip this Sat. am.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

Whats going on !! You and Sam are going to hit the Salt ?? Deep Sea or Bay ? Dont get Sam hooked on Redfishing he will want to buy a Bay Boat on top of that new Cat he just bought. Im heading down there next weekend myself.

Decker was still murky but it was just after those heavy rains we had that week. I caught alot of fish on Crankbaits so it seems like the fish are getting more active.

One Jet flea and on wakeboard that was it all day. I know they will be coming in swarms soon though.

Let me know how you guys do down at the coast.

Tell Sam to give me a shout sometime.

Later
H.H.J.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HHJ
I'll be down at the coast as well, but I wanted to let you know who else will be there. FLW refish series is launching out of Port A May 4-6. I'm guessing at least 100 teams buzzing up and down the intercoastal.

Be careful in that kayek, one of those guys has a 22' Simmons with a 300 racing merc on the back that pushes that boat +90mph.

If you see the Bay Quest send us a Holler!

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up.  Dang that stinks !!!   Yeah we are going down Thursday and Friday of next week.  Im sure the flats will be full of boats if thats going on.

You know where they are doing the weigh in ??

Thought we could get one more in before all hell broke loose down there.  Guess not.

Thanks for the heads up.

H.H.J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up Charles?  I sent you an email or two lateley, guess your too busy counting your coin from the new gig.  Steve and I have missed kickin' you and your bro's butt on Travis lately, let's get it on!! Grudge time after Champs??  

We are leaving this afternoon, where should we pick you up?

Sam

·
Registered
90 Posts
HH
I know weigh in is at 2:45 and I think they are weighing in at the Port A marina. I know that's where they are launching. We might check out the final weigh in on Sat. We're hoping they all buzz down to the land cut, but after the Port O redfish series, a lot might be heading north to SA Bay for the 27.5" - 8.5 lbers!

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sam you guys doing the Deep Sea thing ??  

I think your getting confused in your old age.  That was me and my brother that won out on Travis.    
I sent you an e-mail.  

boxATM where are you guys staying ?   I hope the FLW guys dont hammer the Estes and Lighthouse area.  

We may check out the weigh in as well.

H.H.J.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm either staying at the Neptune in AP with my pops, or at a buddy's place in Holiday Beach (across from the Sea-Gun in Fulton). I have a feeling Estes is going to be hammered, but the lighthouse lakes may be spared.

Where are ya'll guys staying? Should meet for some beers some evening while we're down there.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I couldnt figure out why it was so hard to get a room down there. We had to split up the nights. One night at Laguna Reef the next night at Palm Harbor.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail and Ill give you my contact info.

H.H.J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hard Luck...I haven't seen your name lately in any of the local tourney's....did you guys fish the Bass O Ree?

Steve and I will be ready and able to take you and yo bro's coin after Champs this weekend. Let's grudge it up on Travis soon!! We will even fish the lower end to give you guys a chance. :) ;)

You fishing Thursday's on Decker?
Seriously, let's get together soon. I look forward to it.

Sam

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent fished a single tourney this yr. Just to much other stuff going on this yr.

However I will have a Saturday free coming up to take you and Stevo's money out on Travis.

How did you guys do down at the coast ?

H.H.J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Too windy at the coast, fishing got cancelled. We had a good time anyway.

BassChamps this Saturday on Travis, then it' s on!

See you soon, bring cash....no quarters and nickels like last time. :)

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts