Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the water around 445 with Craig, first spot produced nada, made a short run and stuck my first DD bass burning a reaction bait in shallow grass. I honestly thought the fish was a 5lber when it surfaced the first time (~40 yards from boat), but then when she came up again and gave another head shake, Craig and I decided we should probably net it. Buried me in the grass three times and I probably put more pressure on her than I should have considering I was using 12 lb mono. Just finally got lucky enough to actually put one in the boat. Had lost a nice fish two casts before and made up for it with this fat girl, I like them stumpy. Ended up rounding out our limit on miscellaneous plastics around docks and managed to cull up to around 20 pounds after dark once we got Hong in the boat with us. If it isn't on yet, it is about to be. I am willing to bet another DD or two are caught this weekend.

She went 10.27 pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Congratulations! That's a nice looking fish. Maybe you'll stick another one this year. Glad I finally have a boat again so I can get back out there. Mono probably helped you from pulling the hooks out. There is some advantage to the stretch once the fish is hooked solid.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Told ya you were due this year! Your second through fourth will be a cake walk...it's always that dang fifth one that'll get ya!

Congrats man, that's a beautiful DD! Nice hoodie by the way.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Congratulations Trey, she's a beauty! Think I'll have to make the trip in to LA this next week!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts