Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a used Curado(or something of similar quality) they would like to let go of? Would like to spend around $100. Would also be interested in paying more if it had a good rod with it. I have only had the opportunity to fish a Curado and it was an awesome reel. But i'm open to other suggestions. thanks

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
I have a 201B that'd I'd sell cheap if you fish lefty.  That being said, do you have a specific Curado in mind.  See questions below.

What Model Curado?  

B - old green ones
D - grey ones
E - new green ones (latest one but listed it even though its out of the price point)

What size and orientation are you interested in?  

Right handed: 100, 200, 300(D)  series
Left handed:  101, 201 series

Is there a specific sub models you want?  

B series:  SF
D series:  DSV DPV, DHSV

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks anyway Rude but i'm a righty. I guess i could have been a little more specific in the details. Truth is any of them would be fine. I'm just loking for a good all round reel. I had the chance to fish a buddies Curado and it was the smoothest real i had every had in my hands.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hit up EBay and check Texasfishingforum.com you can usually see em for sale all the time their also.  The Curado is well worth the money, I wouldn't let mine go, and with the upgrade from 5 to 15 ball bearings they get a little smoother and longer casting.  There's also a Shimano Scorpion (The Japanese Version of the Curado) those are on Ebay but might be out of the $100 limit. Good Luck I bought a slightly used DHSV for $100 and it looked and casted like it was brand new...d

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've got one that's in great shape and will sell for $75. Shot me a pm if you're still looking. I've also got a nice 6'6" mh Shimano Clarus with it. You can buy both for $100. Originally sold for almost $200 with tax.

Robert

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
637E7374636563787F70646265787F110 said:
I've got one that's in great shape and will sell for $75.  Shot me a pm if you're still looking.  I've also got a nice 6'6" mh Shimano Clarus with it.  You can buy both for $100.  Originally sold for almost $200 with tax.

Robert
PM Sent.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've read you can buy a Citica for a lot less, have about $15 worth of bearings put in it and you basically have a Curado.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've seen Two side's to the Citica, One of my Buddy's bought one, we changed the bearings and replaced them to ABEC 7's, so it's now 14 ball bearings and One roller bearing, it is very smooth and still prooving to be good casting against my upgraded Curado's I don't see a difference. On the other side, I recently changed out 4 citica bearings for another friend found the inside brass ring in the brake case tends to break away and fall out and free float inside the reel. The 4 Citica's were used heavily but all were still working good even with em floating in their, i guess if it comes apart you could superglue it or just leave it that way and save $100, I'm partial and just like the Curado's though...d

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Taken out of context this question is highly questionable:

What size and orientation are you interested in?
;D

·
Registered
553 Posts
There's a guy on TFF thats selling 2 old curados for $100 each. That seems a little steep to me. I paid $40 or $50 for mine from miles on ABF and it is now my favorite reel that I use on my worm rod.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The old green curados are better than the newer silver ones. I've never had any problems w/any of my older green ones (I've got 5, I think), but have already broken a worm gear on a newer (silver) one. I think Shimano changed the color back to green for marketing reasons. I've heard quite a few complaints about the "silver" models...especially the 100 series...

If you can find the old green curados any where for a decent deal, buy em up...for the $$, they're the best reel made, IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts