Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gently used CURADO and CITICA, original styles, for sale.

both are left handed

make an offer

Robert

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These older style reels had little difference. If you were so inclined, you could add bearings to the Citica and pretty much have a silver colored curado.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
695A555C5E4964690C0C3B0 said:
What is the model of the Curado and I will post information on it..

Here is the Citica.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/con...cts/reels/low_profile_baitcasting/Citica.html
Buyers beware:
The Citica that R77 posted a link to is the Citica E.  Please be aware that this is not the "Original Style" but moreover the latest version of the Citica line.  A great reel for the price point, imho.

RangerBob says that his are the "Original Style".  Keep in mind that there's a few Citica Versions.  Same goes for the Curado'

There's Citica Bantam which is similar to the Curado B
Then the D series for both Citica and Curado
Then the E series for both Citica and Curado

**Not to mention all the specialty models DSV, DPV etc etc

I use both the Citica and Curado lines extensively.  My guess is that the "Original Style" means Citica Bantam and Curado B.  I could be wrong.  We won't know until Rangerbob clarifies it for us.  What say you Rangerbob?

PS:  I do know that the model numbers on both those reels will end in a 1.
All Shimano Left handed models end in a 1 and right handed models end in a 0.  I'm a lefty.  ;)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Rude,
Thanks for the update....I had no idea there were different models...I should of waited till pictures showed up....I can update my post, so no one can get confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE ME.... :-X

·
Registered
535 Posts
IMO Shimano screwed up when they quit making the old green mule curados, I'm looking for some 100s now to go back to, wish I hadn't sold the ones I had

Never had to change a bearing, they just kept on going. Best $129.00 for the 100s a guy could spend for years.

I have a couple of the E version Citicas which were advertised to be the Old Curado equivelant, I don't think so but that's probably me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts