Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
East Bait Shop by Longhorn Dam. I called last week and they said was still too early in the season. Haven't checked this week. Ph# is 386-9693

· Registered
796 Posts
Are you lookin to eat or fish with? Either way check with the Sea Dragon restaurant at 183 & 620 next to Gold's Gym. I have purchased them there before to eat.

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking to eat the li'l guys. I knew the Sea Dragon served 'em, but didn't know they sold them. I will check 'em out.

Everything I've seen has been very small. Not surprising at this time of the year. Just not going to pay $3/lb for small mud bugs.

WW

· Banned
1,010 Posts
Mary Quinlan boat ramp on Lake Austin ;D I see those damn things all the time on the boat ramp and crawling around near the bank. During peak season, there's a local guy that spotlights them with a net at night and loads up 3-4 five gallon buckets full of them.

-Rich

· Registered
796 Posts
WhackyWorm said:
Looking to eat the li'l guys.  I knew the Sea Dragon served 'em, but didn't know they sold them.  I will check 'em out.

Everything I've seen has been very small.  Not surprising at this time of the year.  Just not going to pay $3/lb for small mud bugs.

WW
If your able to get them there can you post what you paid for them if you get them? Thanks, Im thinking of a boil in the soon future......;)

· Registered
52 Posts
best to go all out and drive to houston. there are several places you can get some nice bugs. prices are usually 2.29-3.49 depending on size. the large ones are amazing in about a month or so!!! Hell, just take a road trip to ******* country. if you want i can pm you the distributors. some secrets you gotta keep low. p.s check qualityseafood on airport, they usually have some by now and some real nice oysters.

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from Houston. Didn't have time to look, but I hear they're still mostly small right now.

However, they are going for $1.50-$2.00/lb in Southeast Texas.

May have to make a run when they get bigger!

joliver, I may take you up on that info.

· Registered
52 Posts
i am having my friend who lived there send me the places he knows, even better. talked to HEB today and they said maybee for this weekend. you know they will be small and 2.99lb. rip. i will keep scouring austin and find out about houston. dont buy any from fiesta. they get them early but they are terrible. they look as bad as their bags of whole frozen talipia. did you call quality seafood off airport ?

· Registered
15 Posts
The best place to get crawfish in austin is at the discharge of mansfield dam....LCRA Park--they line the bank when the sun is shinning. In ten minutes you'll find fifteen; as long as nobody beat you to them. They are excellent sized...four to six inches....

· Registered
796 Posts
WackyWorm said:
Which Randalls is this?  The one on Braker and 183?
If anyone looks into this tell me what they look like. I saw some really poor lookin' ones the other day at HEB. We did up 73#s at Easter and they were GREAT!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.