Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the lake closes at 10pm?

Are those giant schools on my graph crappie in the middle of the lake. I have not ever targeted crappie except for in IL.

Caught a crappie on a whopper plopper last week.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Probably whites/hybrids, there are a few spots that seem to hold crappie but I have never really targeted them. I'm not 100% certain but I seem to recall they changed the opening hours a few months ago when they put in theh credit card stations. Open at 7:00 am instead of 6:00 am and close at 9:00 pm instead of 10:00 pm

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ever fish it was on my graph they filled the screen. I need to target those fish next time out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If there was not any kind of structure near the school of fish it most likely won't be crappie. They do roam around in open water and stack up in deep water during winter but usually only school up around some kind of structure. Get some screen shots and the pro's on here will be able to help you out!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
If there was not any kind of structure near the school of fish it most likely won't be crappie. They do roam around in open water and stack up in deep water during winter but usually only school up around some kind of structure. Get some screen shots and the pro's on here will be able to help you out!
That is why I was thinking catfish. I've seen them in the old gravel pit there stacked up with nothing around them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
So the lake closes at 10pm?

Are those giant schools on my graph crappie in the middle of the lake. I have not ever targeted crappie except for in IL.

Caught a crappie on a whopper plopper last week.
Was that your video on TFF?

I've seen and have been catching crappie off of the brushpiles as much as 50 ft. But, a lot of the time when I graph a school that looks like crappie its perch. Knowing how big the perch are on that lake it could be possible. A screen shot would answer it all.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Was that your video on TFF?

I've seen and have been catching crappie off of the brushpiles as much as 50 ft. But, a lot of the time when I graph a school that looks like crappie its perch. Knowing how big the perch are on that lake it could be possible. A screen shot would answer it all.
I've caught some magnum sized perch out there. You get on a good group and it is pretty good eating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts