Bass Fishing Forum banner

Cowan Pond 10/11,12,13

705 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Longhorn314 
#1 ·
Went Sunday about 11 and caught five in a little corner of the pond. Small, 8-12" fish chasing tiny baitfish of unknown kind. They are not feeding on top but swirls can be seen when they are chasing. Caught all on the Berkley MaxScent Flat Worm in Black Shad color on a dropshot rig. Went Monday afternoon and didn't get a sniff in the same area or other areas. Went back today around 2:30 and caught one on my second cast on the Berkley. I planned on doing an experiment today so I had some of my hand pours in my pocket also. After I caught the first fish I took the Berkley off and put on one of mine. I caught three more pretty quickly. Still fishing the same small area I started getting nips instead of takes. Put the Berkley back on as it's supposed to make fish hold on longer. I fished it for a while (long enough) and did not get any nips. Put mine back on and started getting the nips again and caught two more. Went to the other end of the pond and did no good. Went back to the little corner and caught one more before I left. Today the MaxScent didn't make a difference. I really don't like the Berkley colors. Here's my more natural version of the Black Shad I used today.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.