Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my dad out for a few hours this morning. Put in at Pace Bend and fished Cow Creek. Water was pretty stained - 70 degrees. Only managed a few small fish on smoke grubs and topwater. Topwater bite should be on in no time. Saw a lot of jug lines out . . .now is the time to be doing it. Heard a lot of turkeys and managed to call two gobblers to within about a hundred yards of the bank with the help of my diaphragm call.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Cool report!  I grew up fishing Cow Creek with my Dad and brother almost every weekend in the mid to late 70s.  Back then, there was hardly ever another boat in there.  Two pound plus guads were standard every trip, with an occasional 3-4 lb lmb, unlimited 1-2 lb crappie, 2 lb whites, and catfish like crazy.  It's still good, but even Cow Creek is starting to change, with many more homes popping up.  Still a great place to fish though, even if the crappie and whites are smaller.  Love the turkeys out there.  Also have seen several bald eagles in the winters, but they're probably heading back north by now.  Here's a couple pics of Cow Creek turkeys from last year when the lake was low:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.