Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken the GPS coordinates from a HotSpot or Hook n Line map and plugged them into your graph for way points? I'm prefishing Stillhouse for an upcoming tourny and I'd like to mark a few features. The map uses DD MM.MMMM but my Humminbird software on my PC uses a different format I think. When I plugged in the coordinates it put me somewhere in another state...LOL

Any pointers?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a little searching, I've found the answer. First off....if you are using the Humminbird PC software to create waypoints and then save them to an SD card for upload, you have to change some of the default settings. It takes the settings in form of DD MM.MMM just as the maps have it listed, however the default setting for Long. is East instead of West. Once I changed this, I was able to properly load them. Then I saved them and viewed them in google earth and it worked perfectly.

If you are using Decimal Degrees to get coordinates, there is a quick formula you use to convert them to the HB format.

For example: Lets say the coordinates are Lat 31.014254 / Long 97.583001.
Lat 31 is the variable you input into the DD
Next take .014254 x 60 = .85524 The MM = 00 and the .MMM = .854
So it looks like this: N31*00.855

Long 97 = the W097
.583001 x 60 = 34.98006
so the HB format would be W097*34.980

If you plug that into your graph or for these purposes google earth, you can see this road bed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Chris. I am 70 yr old and disabled. I have been searching for an answer to my question and talking to techs at Alabama hummingbird on how to upload my coordinates. You are my best help so far. Can you help me with a hummingbird phone number to someone that can walk me through this? Have spent hours so far nothing works. I believe your system has promise. regards, Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts