Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Conroe for the first time with dad last Sunday.  Did not get a very early start, hit the water around 9:30.  The water temp was 54 and by the end of the day had reached 59.   The fishing was slow as we only caught 3 all day but did get several short strikes on the TX rig, they would only pick up the tail.   The two I caught came on a square bill crank and dads came on a drop shot.   The first one I put in the boat was a good one and weighed 5lbs 10ozs.

Until next fish!
JR

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The big fish came out of Caney, and not being familiar with the lake, I could not tell you where the other two came from, though they were on the same side of the lake as Caney and in a creek arm. Sorry I could not be more informative.
JR

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been at Conroe since Monday helping my mom who just had knee replacement surgery.  I fished yesterday and today, from sun up till about 1:30 each day and I am being humbled.  I have been all over the lake and the best I have been able to do is one that may go 3 pounds and a handful of dinks.  I can normally catch fish on this lake but with all the grass completely gone and the lake being 2-3 feet low I am doing terrible.  I'm going to give it a go one more time tomorrow.  The wind has been really bad but with the warmer weather Im finding 63-64 degree water in the backs of creeks with like 2-3 feet water depths.  I would like to be fishing some of the main lake points but the wind wont let me and my instincts say that the fish are in the backs of the creeks but I cant catch them.  I have been throwing shallow diving square billed cranks, jigs, finesse worms, spinnerbaits and senkos and basically striking out.  I hate Conroe right now.  I'm glad im not fishing the big bass tournament here this weekend but I will be interested to see what people bring in.  Good luck to anyone heading down here.  Feel free to PM me with some help!   :eek:

-Brent

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fished the ABA tournament down there last Saturday. We launched from stow-a-way marina. The front came through as forcasted right at 12:00.
Some said the bite died after that, some said it picked up.

The boater I was with, wisely choose to stay in and fish that arm of the lake. There was a submerged pond back in there that had a parade of boats working it over. Rumor was, one of the big Hawgs caught lately, came outta there.
The fish were back there, but were getting pressured 'bigtime". You had to be patient. Slow moving Lizards and worms did produce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.