Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
On the water repairs. Cranking and Trolling m. batts., spare props,spare T/m props, impellers,fuel filters,fuses,primer bulbs, drain plugs, transducers...varity, live well pumps, aerator pump, trim and steering fluid, spark plugs... varity. prop hub kits...varity, breakers, T/m prop pins, bulbs, universal bow and stearn lights, drain plugs,

This kind of stuff and oh yea,someone to install it?

Boat side and T/M side sockets/plugs.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I know some guys that carry extra trolling motors in thier trucks. Granted they all run Motorguides, and luckily for them you can swap out a Motorguide rather quickly. Even if I had a spare trolling motor, I doubt I would ever load it up in the truck anyway. Although I've never had a TM prop fail on me, I guess I better get one. All I carry is jumper cables, anything else just slows me down. Its all about who can go the fastest

How many of y'all carry an extra prop for the big motor? How about just a hub kit?

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Extra prop here. It's a 4 blade trophy I use for my load prop. Since I seem to become more and more portly every year, I think I have out grown my 3 blade fury.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know some guys that carry extra trolling motors in thier trucks. Granted they all run Motorguides, and luckily for them you can swap out a Motorguide rather quickly. Even if I had a spare trolling motor, I doubt I would ever load it up in the truck anyway. Although I've never had a TM prop fail on me, I guess I better get one. All I carry is jumper cables, anything else just slows me down. Its all about who can go the fastest

How many of y'all carry an extra prop for the big motor? How about just a hub kit?
+

I carried a spare prop, hub kit and prop wrench. I was pretty prepared and the new owner of her has the same. He got a sweet little deal when he bought my boat.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I carry a bag of tools in the boat, jumper cables (which I have loaned out on the water), 2 spare props for the TM, along with extra prop nuts. I carry a spare hub kit, prop wrench but no spare prop. In the truck I carry a floor jack, air compressor/jump box, can of fix a flat and some rope, flares etc. Fuses! they are cheap, small, and come on damn handy when your lights arent working and you have 2 hrs left to fish and its dark. Spare full set of boat keys that stays in the truck. My set of spares incleudes the boat key, trailer lock key, spare tire lock keys and deck lid keys.

You can never be prepared for everything you need, but you can be prepared enough to get it done. As far as the trolling motor Scott spoke of, we put a plastic covered cable on the TM for the lift. Never have to worry about breaking it off in the middle of the tourney.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I carry a bag of tools in the boat, jumper cables (which I have loaned out on the water), 2 spare props for the TM, along with extra prop nuts. I carry a spare hub kit, prop wrench but no spare prop. In the truck I carry a floor jack, air compressor/jump box, can of fix a flat and some rope, flares etc. Fuses! they are cheap, small, and come on damn handy when your lights arent working and you have 2 hrs left to fish.

You can never be prepared for everything you need, but you can be prepared enough to get it done. As far as the trolling motor Scott spoke of, we put a plastic covered cable on the TM for the lift. Never have to worry about breaking it off in the middle of the tourney.

You can also call me to haul your winning catch to the weigh in. It happened twice last yr.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Another pretty important piece to monitor is the fire extinguisher. The GW checks those on routine stops as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I had to bring tools and spare parts to go out in my boat I would have to get rid of it. No sense having it if you can't trust it.

The only spares I carry are nav lights. One bow light and one stern light. The kind that hold 2 D batteries and looks like a flashlight.

I can see carrying fuses or a jumper wire but really...If you need more than that its time to show her some love!!!
:confused:

Couple things I haven't seen listed yet that I always have on the boat.
First aid kit
Good clean pair of hook cutters
Extra transducers
extra trailer bearings
tow rope
bungie cord
compass
sun screen
Extra wing nuts for batteries

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
:confused:

Couple things I haven't seen listed yet that I always have on the boat.
First aid kit
Good clean pair of hook cutters
Extra transducers
extra trailer bearings
tow rope
bungie cord
compass
sun screen
Extra wing nuts for batteries
I actually carry all that and more. I'll call your bearings and raise you to spare hubs with packed bearings. Not interested in pounding out races on the roadside (ever again!). It's all part of the spoonplugging philosophy!

·
Registered
321 Posts
wow. if you added up all the stuff yall have been listing, it sounds like you need a spare boat, trailer & tow-rig when you go out. just in case.

or....

a handle of whiskey.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts