Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went snorkeling yesterday. A man in the water asked if we saw any fish. I told him we were seeing Rio Grande Cichlids, Sunfish, Black Bass, Carp and Catfish. I told him I caught a four pound largemouth here last year. He said, “Well I‘ve been fishing here for thirty years and I’ve never seen anything caught out of here that big.”

Well now you have.

I slipped out in the pre-dawn darkness and readied the yak. I brought my coffee and a pack of senkos. Some light was showing above the pecans and cypress. I shoved off and drifted. Sunfish were popping on the surface. I cast the senko downstream and let it settle. I detected a bite, reeled down and swung.

The fish was strong, I thought I had a Guad or maybe a smallmouth. Then I was losing line from a hammer tight drag and bent rod. What the...I was giddy with joy as I was pulled upstream.

My camera does not take good pictures in low light but as you can see, its a bona fide big’un!
41F58C1C-0BF3-4A24-92E9-2F84546FCB09.jpeg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good job on that fish, Jeremy. The tough part it, when you are on that river you can see bigger ones than that, and they just laugh at our lures! Thanks for the info on the toob launch

·
Registered
212 Posts
But think of how much easier it would be to cast at those schooling bass. And you would be doing it for your golf swing after all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Comal can give up some monsters occasionally
I live a couple miles from it on Dunlap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts