Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm clearing out some long-unused baitcasting reels, some that haven't been fished in decades and yet are like new. A few have some palm rash, most not and haven't been fished much and operate just fine.

Also below are a few rods that haven't been fished in years, if ever.

SHIMANO reels

These are the good ol' green ones...
3 CU200 Curados... all in very good condition, no rash on top edge
3 CU200 SF Curado Super Free... little bit of palm rash on top edge.
$50 each

2 Cruxis 200 in boxes, never fished
$35 each

Vintage Bantam reels...
3 Bantam 100 (wood handles)
1 Bantam 1000 (paddle handle)
1 Bantam 10HG (black frame)
1 Bantam BMP 250 SG
$25 each

BASS PRO SHOP reels

1 Rick Clunn RCX10HC (5.1:1)
1 Rick Clunn RCX10HB
1 David Fritts DF10CC (crankbait reel 4.7:1)
$25 each

3 Johnny Morris JMP10H (6.3:1, in boxes)
$25 each

Round reels below,

4 BPS Pro Qualifier PQXPS 1000 (5.1:1)
$25 each, like new in boxes...

CABELA'S reel

Cabela's MPX100 (looks like a Calcutta, but isn't)
$25

RODS all casting rods

3 FALCON Original FC-6-1510P pistol grip handles, 2 at 5'10", one at 5'6"
$25 each

1 SHIMANO Compre CO-56MA medium action 5'6" never fished
1 SHIMANO Compre CO-60MHA medium heavy action 6' never fished
$25 each

Want all of it? $750 takes it away.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry Dave, I don't understand that acronym... please explain, specifically. :confused: :hu:

I still have a couple dozen reels that I'm using all the time, and these things listed above are literally decades old. Many have been fished very little, a great number not at all or only a couple times. But they're taking up space in the garage and I'd like the space for other things. And I'm at the point in my life where unnecessary things, or things I haven't used in decades... not only fishing stuff, but other collections I've acquired over the years are just weighing me down. You might remember I had a fairly serious collection of antique lures. When Kathy and I divorced and I had to leave the big house in Cedar Valley they were one of the first things I surrendered for a fraction of what I'd spent on them. Big deal... just unnecessary "stuff."

I may keep the green Curados. Still smooth as ever, they take a blasting and keep on casting. They're a little heavy, but WTF, right?

For that matter I'm also divesting myself of many of the guitars that a professional musician acquires over the years, things I kept "for my retirement." Well, hell... even though I don't look it at all, I'm gonna be freakin' 70 this year and what do I need all this crap for that I haven't touched since I don't remember when? I don't have kids, my nephew and his family have no interest in them and it'd just be a bigger burden for them to unload the stuff than it would be for me.

I've been fortunate in my life to have acquired a goodly number of nice "things." But there comes a time in a man's life when you realize that somewhere along the line the ownership has changed and the things that you once owned are now the things that own YOU. So it's time for a little divestiture, is all.

FWIW, rather than buy a new boat, I recently dropped a few large on new carpeting and seat covers for the Skeeter, and hung a new Fortrex on the bow to replace the aging Maxxum. The thing is so smooth and quiet I can't even tell it's on. ;)

BTW, I have two Minn Kota Maxxum 70lb bow mount trollers if anyone wants them. I think a couple hundred each is probably a pretty good deal. They both work well, but they take up space I want to use for other stuff in the garage.

All is good here in Briarcliff, Dave. Life is fun, I'm healthy, I have a good woman, I'm gigging with good bands and only when I want to, and I'm enjoying my reputation as an elder statesman in the Texas steel guitar world. I'm uncomfortable when folks use the word "legend," but I made my mark here when many of my musical colleagues were still in high school or much younger than that. With the exception of our mutual friend Neil Flanz, I'm the oldest steel player still working the Austin scene.

Neil is doing great, incidentally. I hope you and Gail are rocking as well. I caught a few good ones at Calcasieu Point recently, and I'd like to head into Bee Creek to see what's happening up in there.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Herb sounds like some pretty cool stuff. I wish I needed some tackle or could play guitar better. Sounds like things are going good. I'm friends with John Burris and crew and have got to shoot the breeze with you before behind the spoke.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Matt, I remember you and when we met at the Spoke... what? About 3 years ago, probably? Gary P. and I go back to Michael Murphey's first Texas band in 1972, and I've been in Gary's own group on three or four different occasions over the decades. I still occasionally show up at one of Jeepster's shows to hop onstage and sing "Friends for Life," or some other song that doesn't need me chiming in... but Gary likes it and so do I. Burris and I are neighbors so I see him at Poodie's just about every time I go there.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's supposed to rain all week, but if I do, you'll be contacted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts