Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Every few months I use a dedicated bug sprayer having 2 parts sanivac (toilet bowl cleaner) to 3 parts water. Lightly coat directly onto gelcoat, and hose down a few minutes later. Voila...

z

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried vinegar. Worked well, then wiped it off with wet towel and the. Dried it. Gonna find a wax coat to put on tomorrow hopefully. The boat is 30 years old and still has a relatively good gelcoat, trying to keep it that way.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Windex with vinegar works well if they are not real hard spots. A magic eraser will get the tough ones off, but always re-wax.

I wipe my rig down and use a spray polish EVERY trip, no exceptions. It takes me an extra 30 mins at the ramp, but 30 mins here and there will make my boat last years longer. I also like to wax it about every 3 months.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use 3 parts vinegar and one part distilled water in a spray bottle. Works great. Let it sit for a few seconds to dissolve the hard water spots. Follow up with a spray and wipe wax.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Ive always used 1 part distilled vinegar, and 1 part distilled water, in a spray bottle, very inexpensive way to keep your rig looking nice!.
JR

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Vinegar

Pour onto sponge, wipe down boat, wash with soap and water, towel dry.
I should elaborate that this is my method for cleaning a dirty boat. For routine/in between wipe downs the suggested vinegar/distilled water in a spray bottle is the way to go.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I use both option provided by everyone above. Vinegar/water 50/50 for normal cleaning. Not to mention it cleans your depth finder screen in just a few seconds. Just don't leave it on too long. I use the sanivac option if I get lazy and fail to clean the boat for a month or two with Vinegar. Sanivac will get all spots off and including the wax I think. Especially on the engine where the water spots build up considerably.

Also, I bought all kinds of marine products and NONE of them worked. There is absolutely no need to buy anything other than Vinegar and or Sanivac.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts