Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Choke today from like 7:30-4:30. It was my 1st time back on the lake in years and it sure was different. The water was higher than I have ever seen it and very stained, especially near the river. And holy crap that lake has gotten ridiculously popular. There was always at least one boat fishing in front of and behind us, both ramp parking lots were full. Fishing was very tough for us and I was hearing a lot of the same from others. Ended up boating a handful of small fish 1.5lbs tops on shallow cranks, not very choke like. Tried other tactics but could only get the reaction bite. I did lose a few others including a 3+ at the boat bc I think they were just slapping it. There was not a cloud in the sky. I will not give up on choke but it was very disapointing. Water temps started at 67 and rose to 72 - lol.

· Registered
756 Posts
I went down last Wednesday and had a pretty good day. It was extremely crowded for a Wednesday. I think most of the big fish have spawned. The water was actually clearer in four fingers than it was before the lake came up. I did not head towards caliham as I figured it would be muddy up that way. Great worm bite most of the morning with about 30 fish, probably half would be keepers. And one big one at 8 pounds 10 ounces. Most of the boats that I saw were fishing the new water. I tried to focus from 6 feet out since that is where the grass is and probably the better fish. Never really found the fish bunched up at any spot, but still a lot of action. It was nice to see the lake finally catch some water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.