Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,271 Posts
Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Back in CA the latest that I ever actually sight fished a bass off a bed was about the middle of July. Most fish back on that lake had already spawned in March and April, but I would continue to occasionally find one on a bed in May, June, and sometimes even July. The three bass I've caught over 10lbs came off beds in May, June, and then the one in July. It's not like all people mate at the same time, or all deer mate at the same time, geckos, kangaroos, etc. I think a bass will pretty much spawn whenever they want, but of course the bulk of them will be in the spring months.

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I think FishGod's intention was to bring out the comedy in the typo, it wasn't meant negatively. I'm sure if he hadn't, someone else would have brought it up for a smile. My rule of thumb is take the boards 95% with a laugh and 5% serious. Fish if your intentions were otherwise please correct me.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
May have been just the one second it took to snap the pic, but, I don't believe had I caught that fish there would not be one millisecond that I didn't have an ear to ear smile on my face holding that fish! Even for a few days afterwards :)

Great fish!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.