Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
44636961383A383B0A0 said:
[quote author=6F756379606869620C0 link=1248578182/0#4 date=1248627371]Beautiful fish! Looks like the bottom of the tail is worn down like it was fanning a bed. But it's the middle of summer! Hmmm....
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"[/quote]

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!! What gives you the idea I was questioning the legitimacy of your catch??? I'm waaaay confused by that one, bro.
Grow a thicker skin, will ya?  ::)

Take careful note of my avatar and have a nice day.

· Registered
186 Posts
A lot of guys back home in N. CA. (Clear Lake) believe bass can and do continue to spawn through the summer time. Granted 90% of them get their bizness done in spring. But bed fish CAN be found up until fall.
I thought it was perhaps a regional thing. But even here where your lakes get as hot as a jacuzzi it seems to still be true.

Note: I'm NOT one of those people who believes bed fishing damages a fishery so there are NO ETHICAL QUESTIONS OR JUDGMENTS that I'm making here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.