Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't normally post here but enjoy reading the postings on this website. Here is a monster I caught the other week...11 lb 3 oz...freak accident almost! My line was about 4-6 feet from my boat when I hooked this one and then it took off spooling my line on my baitcast...didn't think I was going to land it! Thank god for my partner as nobody would've believed me had I not landed him lol

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6F756379606869620C0 said:
Beautiful fish! Looks like the bottom of the tail is worn down like it was fanning a bed. But it's the middle of summer! Hmmm....
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2433323224393925223324560 said:
Very nice, indeed! I'll be back with my partner Stogie trying my hand at a big-un on Friday.
What area of the lake were you in? North shore, south shore, etc.
North side, fishing 14' water with 10" worm...I had just passed a submerged tree when I hooked him...pretty neat as I'm military and never seen bass this big at the last three bases I was stationed! Right after I caught this fish, I also saw another huge monster pulled about 1000 yards away off what looked like a crankbait. The weekend before I saw somebody else pull a HUGE bass from around the area I was at as well....both instances the people used a net so I am proud we never used a net to catch this one! I will say this though, the last two trips after that have really sucked...went out yesterday and it was slow. I heard the bass at choke react weird to changes in weather like cold fronts, low pressure, etc...not sure if that holds true, but when I caught this one we hadn't seen much of a change in weather for a good two weeks.

· Registered
2,310 Posts
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"[

I dont think he was questioning the legitimacy of your fish at all. He was just noticing how the tail looked even though it is summertime.

PS....please send GPS coordinates of stump where you tied her off. I need me a mondster too! ;D

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
577862797D7462623C5F3C50646265787F110 said:
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"[

I dont think he was questioning the legitimacy of your fish at all. He was just noticing how the tail looked even though it is summertime.

PS....please send GPS coordinates of stump where you tied her off. I need me a mondster too!  ;D

Aw, gotcha ;D I wish I could...but man, I've seen two monsters pulled from there during the last 3 weeks (including my fish) and I have a feeling there's more rofl....it just amazes me how big these fish are even after the spawn...

· Registered
186 Posts
44636961383A383B0A0 said:
[quote author=6F756379606869620C0 link=1248578182/0#4 date=1248627371]Beautiful fish! Looks like the bottom of the tail is worn down like it was fanning a bed. But it's the middle of summer! Hmmm....
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"[/quote]

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!! What gives you the idea I was questioning the legitimacy of your catch??? I'm waaaay confused by that one, bro.
Grow a thicker skin, will ya?  ::)

Take careful note of my avatar and have a nice day.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
312B3D273E36373C520 said:
[quote author=44636961383A383B0A0 link=1248578182/0#7 date=1248631678][quote author=6F756379606869620C0 link=1248578182/0#4 date=1248627371]Beautiful fish! Looks like the bottom of the tail is worn down like it was fanning a bed. But it's the middle of summer! Hmmm....
I guess there will always be somebody who will question the legitimacy of something  ::)...I assure you, it was taken about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago ;)  Warden/biologist even got to see it...it was surprising but that was one of the smaller fish taken that day.  The warden/biologist said a 14 lb, 13 lb, and 9 lbr were taken that day as well and they hadn't checked with all the boat launches yet.  This fish measured 23 1/2"[/quote]

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!! What gives you the idea I was questioning the legitimacy of your catch??? I'm waaaay confused by that one, bro.
Grow a thicker skin, will ya?  ::)

Take careful note of my avatar and have a nice day.[/quote]

Sorry, misinterpreted the posting...somebody told me about it...my apologies :)

· Registered
712 Posts
Nick no need to feel attacked about the tail being worn down, I caught an 8 out there on sunday that was missing damn near half his lower part of his tail and it was still bloody, strange but you'd swear that fish just came of a bed!

· Registered
186 Posts
A lot of guys back home in N. CA. (Clear Lake) believe bass can and do continue to spawn through the summer time. Granted 90% of them get their bizness done in spring. But bed fish CAN be found up until fall.
I thought it was perhaps a regional thing. But even here where your lakes get as hot as a jacuzzi it seems to still be true.

Note: I'm NOT one of those people who believes bed fishing damages a fishery so there are NO ETHICAL QUESTIONS OR JUDGMENTS that I'm making here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.