Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back yesterday from a good trip out to Choke.  We fished primarily from daylight to 2ish, then had a nap in the A/C'd shelter, then back out around 7pm, finishing up after midnight.

For lack of a better term, we smoked em...catching at least a dozen per trip out.  The majority came around matted grass (CR brush hogs/TR blk blue 10" worms) with the bigger ones being taken on a buzzbait.  Surface temp ranged from 88 - 91 and most fish were caught with the boat sitting in about 15', casting to the mats/timber close to the shore line.  Biggest of the trip was almost 6,

but we stuck lots of nice 3/4lb chunks, including back to back 4lbers on a baby bass crank, up river.

Hope this helps...those fish don't mind the heat as much as you do....go at night.... :cool:

· Registered
284 Posts
Nice report -- man I couldnt get squat to bite my 10" worms! My dad and I would have stayed out there all night on Friday, but we launched at Calliham and they close the gates at 10. Was your shelter on the water? If not, which launch did you use? I bet yall enjoyed that full moon!

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5A4C547C674C22130 said:
 Was your shelter on the water?  If not, which launch did you use?  I bet yall enjoyed that full moon!
We stayed in #11 in the Calliham unit, if you can get it, #13 is the one to stay in if you want to beach your boat and leave it there overnight.

The full moon was great and (along with the fish) all of the wildlife around the lake was going ape****...we saw lots of turkey, deer, gators, birds, armadillo, etc....

Choke is definitely becoming my favorite fishing destination since moving to Austin....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.