Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Choke Canyon Sat-Sun

Just got home from a quick trip to choke canyon. Over all it was a slow trip with only a handful of keepers. Sat we launched at 5:00pm in the rain but it was worth it for Jared(Nitro__27). In one hour we had 4 keepers for 20lbs. Camera went dead after first use but it was the most important fish. Sunday we fished till 12:30 with only 4 keeps and a 20lb blue cat on a t-rig. Arizona boys eat your hearts out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re:  Choke Canyon Sat-Sun

I agree, you have to invision that fish is in front of a 300# gorrilla. ;D The picture dont do justice. It was huge and i was proud to net it for him. He was real lucky 12# mono on choke is a bad idea but the fish managed to steer free of all twigs.
Im gonna let him tell more on how he caught it. The last two hours we were there i was throwing a t- rig lizard and nailed a 20lb blue cat. Thought i might of had him beat until it came up.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts

Did y'all do any bed fishing?

We were out there last wek and saw plenty that were either making thier bed or already doing their thing.

A few of the bigger sacks came from staging fish.

With the warmer weather we've had recently (doubt this little cold fron had any impact on Choke) those fish should be in full spawn.

Congrats on the piggy- pretty fish.

kp

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

We didnt do any bed fishing but if i had to guess she was making her bed due to scarring on her side. It was to choppy to really see beds but all fish were caught shallow.

·
Registered
65 Posts

well basscat200 said it all ,what a time of my life .... i am pumped with my new personal best .. caught it shallow like basscat said on 12 # mono and coaching skills of james allowed me to get that fish in ... this is trully what i fish for !!! jared

·
Banned
1,647 Posts

Congrats Nice Fish!

It's pretty easy to tell that he caught a quality fish.  All you have to do is look at Nitro_27's fist and compare it to the surface area of the fish that makes up gill covering (gill plate down to the gill juncture) on that bass.  

Even if the holder has a big hand/fist a trophy sized bass will have a gill covering area (gill plate to gill juncture) that will make it stand out from smaller fish when compared to the fist.

Congrats again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.