Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Choke for the first time Saturday morning. Left Austin at 2:45am, arrived at Caliham around 5:15am. Better to arrive early than late, but the gate wasn't opened until 6:05 :(. Headed immediately to the North side of the lake and got on some fish right off. Lost one good one at the boat, and boated a couple more between 2-3lbs before the wind started blowing. Then we pretty much fought the wind and waves for a good while before ducking behind a point, but couldn't buy a bite out of the wind. We picked up fish the rest of the morning hear and there, but never found a really solid pattern. Didn't see any gators :( Water was pretty stained on the North side. We did fish the South side for awhile, and it was nice to be out of the wind and waves, but no fish. Ended the day around 1pm with 15-20 fish. About 3-4 between 3-4lbs, and the rest between 1.5-2.5lbs. Lost about 5. All in all a decent trip, never got on em heavy, but didn't get skunked either. Choke is a really big lake, and definitely can't wait to get out there again. Sorry no hawgs, no pics. Thanks for the tips.

LH

· Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, threw a frog for a bit in the morning, but never went back to it. Should have though. I also forgot to throw a crank bait :p Didn't throw one all day and it was windy as piss. ALso didn't throw a spinner bait ??? It was one of those days where I just never took the time to regroup and change strategy, too busy making as many casts as possible, a common mistake I like to make ::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.