Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We really apologize for the delay in getting this up and appreciate y'all's patience!

After it was all said and done we paid out 247% CASH at the ramp for this tournament, and that does not include the $3,990 in Calcutta money or the HydroWave and Lowrance Sonic Hub given away at the weigh-in.

TTZ Trail – Choke Canyon 6/15 – 6/16/12

Congrats again to everyone that cut a check and to all the anglers that caught a new personal best. And of course BIG congrats to Shawn for a truly impressive solo victory against some of the best anglers in central Texas!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Our day 2 total is wrong by the picture, it should read 26.24 not 23.24, but awesome write up holmes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Thanks for fixing that bro. I just wish we would of had a picture of our whole bag on day 2. I guess that is what we get for being concerned about those three early morning fish and wanting to get them weighed and back in the water before they burned up. Karma worked though, caught the 9.56 later in the day.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I heard you got plenty of mileage outta the "hey...hey...hey...I caught a 9.56" after I left. Solid work my friend.
I was getting pulled in my boat up the ramp and through the parking lot, and as I am passing John he says "Hey, how'd it go?" I said well, and that is all I get out before the "we got a big limit and I caught a 9.56" Don't blame him one bit though, it was one heck of a "king sized bass". That fish is purty too.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Yeah that was working pretty well, but I really liked the Whited thing I was doing. Of course everyone is telling stories and every other one starts out, "Well Charles said.." or "Well I saw that Charles was...." Then I would play dumb and say, "Charles, who is that...?" To which said storyteller would start to explain to me who Charles Whited was. Then I would rudely interrupt them, and say "oh yeah I know that guy, Craig and I had a bigger sack than them today. " Then stare at them with a dead pan face, classic.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I was getting pulled in my boat up the ramp and through the parking lot, and as I am passing John he says "Hey, how'd it go?" I said well, and that is all I get out before the "we got a big limit and I caught a 9.56" Don't blame him one bit though, it was one heck of a "king sized bass". That fish is purty too.
AS I recall you said, OK, we will see. Then I proceeded to explain the jizz stains on my cargo shorts. But my memory isn't what it use to be.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AS I recall you said, OK, we will see. Then I proceeded to explain the jizz stains on my cargo shorts. But my memory isn't what it use to be.
Yeah, I did get that out. I couldnt focus on a damn thing was sweating bullets as I just knew that Charles guy was going to catch 'em.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the guys that have never been part of a Calcutta auction, what did y'all think about it? Fun? Confusing? Calwhutta?

For me it's always cool to see who went for what and what our anglers think of each other. To me, there's nothing better than to get a little crossed eyed on Maker's and start bidding on teams!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It's always great to hold one after everyone has had some beers. I thought Lee did an excellent job running it. There was some pretty hilarious comments in there and definitely allot of fun.

·
Registered
606 Posts
For the guys that have never been part of a Calcutta auction, what did y'all think about it? Fun? Confusing? Calwhutta?For me it's always cool to see who went for what and what our anglers think of each other. To me, there's nothing better than to get a little crossed eyed on Maker's and start bidding on teams!
They would be a lot better if I wasn't bidding against you every time I turned around. If I recall correctly we were bidding against each other On Shawn and I gave up after you gave me that look. Next time that LOOK won't work!!! As you can tell I love a good Calcutta!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was the first Calcutta Ive ever been apart of....I thought it was crazy seeing some teams go for $300+ but was an extremely good time! I figured we were gonna get ourselves pretty cheap......then realized Andy was buying the field and bid us up double what i figured we would go for. Touche Andy, i think you made away with more money than everyone besides Shawn and didn't wet a line. Next time i think ill bring a little more cash! Good times fo show

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I did not make it in time for the Calcutta I got there when you guys were bidding on the last team. I was not surprised to see that Craig and I went for the starting price, and the house had to buy us, thanks Booker. Lot of confidence in us I see. I'm pretty sure nobody else that finished in the top 10 for the event went for the lowest price.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I think the best part of a Calcutta is seeing how uneasy people get worrying that there team won't get any bids.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
C'mon James, I gave you Whited and Beuershausen for $430! They were the obvious buy and I was prepared to drop $500-$600 on them, but since you were dead set on buying them I didn't jack the price up on you too much...I can't get into too many bidding wars against VPs of multi-million dollar companies.

I spent $775 buying teams and won $2,790, not a bad little ROI fo' sho'. There is definitely some strategy in a Calcutta (you can't win what you don't put in the middle) but for the most part it's just good fun sitting around bidding on teams and talking trash. Like Shawn said Lee did a great job selling the teams.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.