Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not have asked for better weather for the trip with my boys. Oldest fished alone in his boat but both were still talking smack all day. All we were catching was males but to hear them talk each one was a SAL. Largest of the day was about 2 1/2.

We ended up catching about 25 with several patterns. We started out on one of my favorite spots in four fingers using DD22's and CR rig with flukes. Color did not seem to matter with the 22's as long as you were hitting the bottom in about 12 to 15 foot. Watermelon Candy was the color of choce for the fluke. Water temp started out at 61 and got to 63 before we left.

Moved when the wind picked up around 11 and headed to possum creek. 5 foot seemed to be the majic depth in the trees and you had to hit the tree to get a bite. Senko's and Rattlesnakes in watermelon red was all we could get bit on. Water temp here were the same and that was a suprise in that I thought that a protected area would be higher.

If you are headed that way watch the trees because there were some BIG snakes sunning all over the place. My youngest one had one strike at his senko as it went sailing by his head. Didn't hook him but the dang thing would not let go of the lure. Had to pull it in half to get his rig back to the boat. Oh yeah the gators are out too.

· Registered
500 Posts
Sounds like you guys had some fun coach. wtg. Those snakes are no big deal though. All are water snakes prolly diamond backs, so harmless. They do smell really bad though when you catch them and they release their stink all over. lol

I'll be out there Friday with some other boats. If ya'll see big yellow, holler. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.