Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill invited me to come fish Choke with him today.

We got on the water about 11:30 and fished till about 3:00.

Water temp was about 71 deg, Vis about a foot or so. Air temp 94.

Fishing was a little slow until Bill hung a 8.2 lbs on one of his spinnerbaits. We were fishing a pocket with trees in about 5 feet of water.

Stayed on this pattern for awhile, but could not get bit.

On a main lake point, Bill caught another one shy of 3 lbs on the same spinnerbait. I think I should have changed colors.

It was just a day trip though, and Bill knows where the best Cheeseburger around is, so we went and hit that.

After a background check, signing some legal papers, and finger printing, I was allow into the SOB Lure factory. While I cannot give any details, I saw one of the most impressive hand built spinnerbait mfg ever.

The care and time Bill puts into his baits is amazing. If you have a SB in your boat and it is not a SOB, you are missing out. Check his site out, he is a sponsor of ABF.

Will post pic or video of the fish soon.

EA

Ps. We almost met disaster on 71 heading to 130 near the airport coming home. Someone lost a load of huge oak logs. I had no choice but to take a 20'' diameter log over my right front tire. Never had Digger on 2 wheels before but we rolled on. A few other " smaller cars and trucks " were not so lucky. Some damage to the corner of my pass door where the log flew up and hit, also my beverage blew up. I am alive to talk about it though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I fished a couple of those SOB's on Falcon last trip and put it to them. The 3/4 oz in Talapia worked really well. Onlyhone complaint, after about 20 fish the little stickers that have the purple glitter on the blades fall off. I want a refund! No actually an exchange! ;) JK

·
Registered
138 Posts
EA,

Thanks a ton for the kind words....I had a blast visiting and fishing with you and Greg ! Glad you liked the cheeseburgers !

I caught both fish on our C18 Platinium Pearl spinnerbait...you an see it on my website at

http://soblures.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_38&products_id=207

I tried to post the pic that you sent me but couldn't figure out how even with the directions I got from here....doohhhhh.  If you would post it I would be grateful.

GL&GF,
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting that Rrooster. I was having problems with the pic too.

I would guess the spawn is over on Choke, I flipped a hundred tree's and could not get bit.

When we back of in 20' or so the graph lit up. I think this is where they were at. However, Bill's spinnerbait found them.

Eric

PS. Body shop is at $1800 to fix where the log flew up and crunched my door. Front end suspension on the right side has some problem too. Oh well, that is what INS is for.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Can't wait to give these SoBs a whirl. 6 of them are coming my way soon haha. My winter hibernation is over. Chicago was cold and drunk. Looking forward to getting on the lake for the first time since November!! Hittin LA Tuesday evening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.