Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Yea Matt check voltage at the unit connection. Should be 12.5 or so with a fully charged batt. If not then find the connection and fuse and test backward to the battery.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the unit was showing 12.9 volts today. I installed an earlier update today to see if that might fix it but it still only turns on when it wants too. i guess i'll send it to humminbird tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Matt it could be the connector where it plugs into the unit. HB suggests slightly bending the pins so they will make a better connection. Might try it before sending her off.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dez...i have tried bending the pins a little but it didn't help.

Jim.... i will check the fuse connectors this afternoon.

a bad tranducer y connector wouldn't stop it from powering on would it?
thanks

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Matt I got nothing else. You've already tried an different version for the update and unless the connection is bad in iline then it's HB time I reckon .... They do yurn stuff around pretty quick

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
have you ever tried the "bootstrap" re-boot? i read view/power at the same time but that didn't do anything different.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I hope you don't Dez....I sent mine in today. Hopefully they will stand behind their product and fix it. If it's not the unit, at least I will be able to eliminate that variable.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts