Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change mine and never have done it before. It looks pretty easy. Any tips that might keep a dbag like myself from totally f'ing up?
It's a Yammie vmax 150

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I got the pump and adaptor kit at South Austin Marine and buy my oil by the gallon, but I change mine often. You know to pump the oil into the bottom hole and when it comes out the top hole install that plug. Then remove the hose and install the bottom plug.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
With dropping temps it's a good idea to change gear oil to prevent any water in the grear case from freezing. We have replaced a couple of cases that froze and broke.Fishing line sometimes get wraped around the prop shaft and takes out the rear seal allowing water into the case. If you find water in the case the source needs to be fixed. Also, be sure to replace the orings/gaskets for each of the plugs you pull to put the oil in and make sure that you don't have two orings/gaskets in place .

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I find the replacement o-rings for the screws? Somewhere up north preferably.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? In that case I would be happy to buy the oil and pump from you if you have them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts