Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

Recently had a local bait shop guy tell me that the catfish were good in Bull Creek- anybody know how far upstream the cats will go to feed in the evenings? Do they make it all the way up near the fire station? I'm stuck without a yak for now, so I am limited on where I can get to on the creek by foot. Any tips on location would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I fished bull creek quite a bit. I used to run a trot line just downstream and upstream of the county line. I did ok and caught a mix bag of blues,channel,and flat heads. But it died off after a month or two. They come in there cause the people at the restaurant feed the fish out back. U can't access it without a kayak or boat cause its all privat property on the other side and the fire fighters will run u off as well. I would launch my canoe under the 2222 bridge but without a vessel of some kind I wouldn't wast my time there's nothing past the 2222 bridge. Pace bend park is a great choice for bank fishing cats. Try mudd cove and forget all the stinky stuff. If u want some big ones use a live bait on the bottom. The bigger the bait the bigger the fish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mjs2sly: Great advice- thanks for the help! What was your live bait of choice? Live shad?

sushiperson: no bait shop near bull creek, I went up north and bought the bait earlier that day

·
Registered
65 Posts
Shad is great but hard to keep alive for extended periods on the bottom. I go after big flatheads. My favorite is carp. Ill fish a live 2-5lb carp on the bottom over night and they stay alive the whole time. But to just fill up an ice chest, cut fresh shad in half dollar sized chunks or any live bait up to 3inches will get u some good size eating fish. If u don't have a cast net some small perch hooks with cut up worms will get u some perch for bait. But live is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts