Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new yak dolly to replace the one I broke at Pflugerville. It rolls great. I dropped in at 4:30 pm. I cast out TR senko deadstick and caught one. Deadsticking senkos works, but I wanted some chunk and wind action.

After reading BassinAg’s small water report, I thought I’d downsize my reaction baits. I caught bass on the small 2.5” X-rap jerkbait and Strike King Pond Magic spinnerbait. The bass were small with very full bellies. I made the rounds but as the evening wore on the bite dwindled. Off at 7:30pm.

4F095846-691D-49FB-B66A-F0276B20841A.jpeg

·
Registered
164 Posts
And with a shirt on no less. What kind of tires did you get on your dolly? I am thinking about going to full rubber moving dolly tires. Saw one being used on the Guadalupe and he had no trouble moving over the rocks to get down to the river. Almost brought a tear to my eye. Having a cart of any kind is a life saver when you are trying to launch most places. Glad to hear that dead sticking is working for you. My SIL took my yak out this morning on Lake Travis. Launched over by the Lighthouse Grill. He worked the lakeside of all the docks dead sticking Zoom 5" Super Flukes in Glimmer Blue and Violet Ice pegged with 1/32 weights. He said they were picking it up on the drop beside the dock and he ended up catching 13 LMB (largest was just over 6). Figures he would find that action when I am stuck working for the next 5 days. I think I am taking my boat back.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dolly I broke was the Academy Magellan “Deluxe Kayak Cart”. The wheels are rigid. When I flipped the yak off the sawhorses in the back yard the hub snapped out of the wheel.

Replacement wheels looked to cost more than just buying the “Standard Kayak Cart” ($39.99). The new tires are pneumatic. I pumped them to 30 psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts