Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished work early and the manager said, “Go fishing!”

“Right, on!” With the seasonal family gatherings (Covid what?) and short days, I take the fishing opportunities when I can. I loaded the yak and headed over to the park around 4pm.

One of my neighbors was bicycle angling at my usual launch spot. He had just given up on this spot, but he visited with me about the neighborhood’s fishing ponds before riding down to the next opening on the bank.

For this spot, I bring a 3600 full of old, ripped and faded senkos left over from fishing the big lakes. I got three cutie-pies on six strikes. I drifted down towards the dam. I’d already tried six or seven different colors. I wackied a gooseberry laminate, tossed into an indentation in the shoreline and BAM, fish on! Off at dusk.

73BB953C-ED3C-40E7-9547-D18C22FA9E9C.jpeg

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great job as always Jeremy. And I am still waiting for you to publish the official scale so we can all be on the same page.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BassinAg, you deserve the truth. Officially, the Jeremy scale is entirely subjective. For example, the above pictured fish would be a fun-fish from Town Lake. However, at the C&R, that fish is a good’un for sure!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Now that is my kind of scale....I can work with that one. Especially since most of the water I fish is out west of you guys so I am my own arbitrator. Kind of like Willie Nelson setting the par for each whole of his own course.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I posted Jeremy's scale a couple years ago. It still holds true today.
And to satisfy Jeremy's dislike for the term "dink" I am changing the previous terms to Baby / Juvenile.

Cutie-pie = Baby or Juvenile
Fun-fish = Cutie-pie to 2.5
Good-un = 2.5 to 5.5 or thereabouts
Big-un = 5.5 to 8.5
Named = 8.5 and up get a name for later reference

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thank you Langlowe although I liked Jeremy giving me license to change as needed. Now we can all report with the accuracy we are provided in his reports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts