Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try and get my British uncle on some monster carp while he's here...any good/better spots that I should try? Was going to chuck some corn out and try from about 6-10pm.

I usually bass fish the west end of LBL or on the 3 mile running loop around BC. Is the east siyide better for carp? Should I just go to the low water crossing? City Park? Mimi's Cafe?

Last question: Can we legally drink brews hanging out on the trail there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Oh and so sorry DW, I blatantly know this ain't a report.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Limey apparently Emma Long is a hot spot to bank fish for them on LA.

I see people bankfishing under Holiday Inn for carp too. TFF has some active Austin Carpers on it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Quick update: With some knowledge dropped by Chris"Carp"Munn we ended up doing ok. Got set up on a bench by about 7pm and pitched some corn in the lake, took about an hour to get the first bite, missed it and landed the next two. We used my regular bass tackle with 8-12lb test.

Off the trail by 930pm.

Gotta say: These slimy b'stards pulled like redfish. Awesome fun for those that aren't so mobile or enjoy the view round town lake.

Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
There was a City Limits fishing where a dude used corn on a fly in Colorado for carp.

You got me thinking redfish Calaveras trip in yak now.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
There was a City Limits fishing where a dude used corn on a fly in Colorado for carp.

You got me thinking redfish Calaveras trip in yak now.
I've wanted to do that trip ever since I got the yak...pick a weekend day except for June 30th and let's do it.

I have a collection of spoons, bucktails and DD22's and a tiny bit of knowledge on where/how them reds are found. Topwater at day break will stop your heart for sure if they are up.
You will want to leave the ultra lights at home....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've wanted to do that trip ever since I got the yak...pick a weekend day except for June 30th and let's do it.

I have a collection of spoons, bucktails and DD22's and a tiny bit of knowledge on where/how them reds are found. Topwater at day break will stop your heart for sure if they are up.
You will want to leave the ultra lights at home....
Went last weekend with Redfish Roger and trolled for 4 hours, caught one red, and three cats.

There was a kayak tourney going on the same day....wish I'd known...wouldv'e just brought the Native instead :)

ps. I'd be totally down for the next Calaveras Yak Attack, need a new Sig pic ;)

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
I am down to go any weekend.

Let's put some dates out there. Thinking leave Austin in the early am and fish it all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.