Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ABF members & guests, Capital-City-Kayak-Fishing-Tournament-Series-logo-copy-300x146.jpg

Time to fish for some cash starting next month. MOC Kayaks and other tournament directors are putting on 4 tournaments for 2013. Capital City Kayak Fishing Tournament Series (CCKFTS) is all about deregulation, no point systems or dropping lakes. Each tournament date is it's own individual tourney all cash and prizes are awarded that day). Big sponsors such as Orvis, Yeti Coolers, Diablo Paddlesports, Phenix Rods and more make this tournament series possible. Many kayak fisherman have invested in their gear already so we want to focus on money for the first three places and provide raffles for interested participants for kayaks, rods, etc... We are having a conventional & fly division with their own separate payouts.

All locations below are "roadrunner" style meaning after mandatory check-in you can leave and launch anywhere on that lake or river.
  • Lake Austin January 19, 2013
  • Lady Bird Lake February 16, 2013
  • Lake Bastrop March 9, 2013
  • Lower Colorado River April 20, 2013 (Austin - Bastrop around 60 river miles)
All details, tournament format, dates, times, and registration is found on our website: MOC Kayaks - Tournament Format - Capital City Kayak Fishing Tournament Series
Registration for the 1st tournament (Lake Austin Loop 360 Bridge) is now open: MOC Kayaks - Registration - MOC Kayaks

Thanks,
Dan Walker
MOC Kayaks & CCKFTS Director
mockayaks.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Waterloo Ice House @ 360/2222 is our first weigh-in location!

Reminder Lake Austin tourney is Saturday January 19, 2013.
Mandatory Check-In: 6-7:15 a.m. At 360 bridge boat ramp.
Mandatory Weigh-In: 4:15 p.m. At Waterloo Ice House (we have the back private room plus the outside bar area reserved for us and sponsor booths).

To register and for more info: MOC Kayaks - Tournament Dates, Times, and Locations for Capital City Fishing Series

Again the first kayak raffle buy-in for only $10 is a brand new NuCanoe Frontier 12 ($1,179) in Hunter Brown.
NuCanoe Frontier 12, Yeti Coolers, high-end rods, guided trips, etc... will also be raffled off right at Waterloo Ice House Weigh-In on the 19th! Questions: Reply back or call Dan @ 512-263-0004

:D Getting Pumped!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to win all four Of those tourneys! ;)Is there a registration deadline? Can you register day Of?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Yea I always like when the new guys come in with the "How hard can it be.....I can win every one of these" attitudes. I was that guy my first year also......I was humbled very quickly! :)

It's sorta like my first Tuesday nighter TTZ......I remember saying "How hard can it be to put 3 guads in the boat for 6lbs"......well 6 Tuesdays in a row with no score quickly changes your mentality! HAHA

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well I paid my entry for this one last night. Im going to prefish at least once for it this week. Its LA so I dont except any pattern to hold up for a week. We'll see.......
I am excited though. I got a good feeling about this tourney season.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I guess my sarcasm didn't translate too well in that post. Given my recent luck on LA I'll be lucky to catch one keeper. Don't think I've caught a fish over 5# since September on that lake.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Ryan....sarcasim is always welcome here!!!! I think because no one has seen you participate in it before.....it came off as a sincere "I'm going to crush you guys" remark..LMAO. As far as LA is concerned......if you catch atleast 1 fish, you don't have to worry about finishing last place because Marcus is guaranteed to only catch catfish....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
HA! I've never caught a catfish on LA. Hmmm, i hope i didnt jinx myself.

I had planned to hit LA on wednesday but not if its lightning. So I may go thursday then try my new super secret bait/technique out on Decker friday and/or possibly saturday.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was going to contribute to this thread, but my brain is actually almost paralyzed trying to picture Chric C being humbled...even for a second.
CD and I fished your new secret bait all over LA yesterday and it doesn't work. That color was so horrible that when we cast into bait balls, they would break up. As soon as I finish getting the scent off them and putting them in new plastic bags, we'll have to meet up so I can give em to you. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! I can't wait to win all four Of those tourneys! ;)Is there a registration deadline? Can you register day Of?
Ryan, online registration closed on Friday the 11th, but you can register the morning of the tourney under the 360 bridge. Weather is supposed to be awesome for the January 19th date (64 and sunny S wind @ 2-3mph ).

The only crappie part of the whole thing is that I can't fish it too since I'm judging.

Hey Papa/Dan, had a question so I'll just call (edited post)
Dennis give me a ring when convenient.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Found the winning bait today guys.... just not the area.

Reactions: mjv80

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dan, can i get a pre-tourny OK on paddling my gheenoe-canoe insted of my kayak out there? Anyone else care? She is only 13ft. I just don't like the idea of sitting on top the water in my nalu paddleboad/kayak with temps int he 40s. would be no-motor of course, here she is:

photo.jpg

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I doubt anyone would care. You will be at a big disadvantage paddling that big thing around though. You could alway rent a kayak from MOC too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts