Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 41st Annual Bass-O-Ree is scheduled for April 18th, 2010 on Lake Travis. I know it’s early but I wanted to make sure I got the date out there for everyone to see. I'll post more information when we get closer to that time.

41st Annual “BASS-O-REE”
Sunday April 18, 2010
6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Lake Travis - Weigh-in Site at Pace Bend Park-Tournament Point

Thanks,
Robert Duren

·
Registered
175 Posts
CAPITAL BASS CLUB
Presents Its 41st Annual “BASS-O-REE”
$9,000 (+) OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT
capitalbassclub.com

LAKE TRAVIS
Sunday April 18, 2010
6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Weigh-in Site at Pace Bend Park-Tournament Point
2-Person Team (5 fish limit)
$100.00 Team Entry Fee
(1st Place Partially Donated By South Austin Marine and Skeeter Boats)
1st $3,500.00
2nd $1,000.00
3rd $800.00
4th $600.00
5th $500.00
6th $400.00
7th $300.00
8th $250.00
9th $200.00
10th $150.00
(2nd thru 10th place based on 100-teams-Additional places paid for every 10 teams over 100)

1st Big Bass - $500 2nd Big Bass - $250 3rd Big Bass - $100

Come experience a ride in the all-new Skeeter FX Series equipped with a Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke! Go for a Demo ride with the Skeeter Demo Team and be eligible for $1000.00 drawing with paid entry at the weigh-in! Demo rides will be held on Saturday, April 17th from 9 AM to 5 PM at CARLOS’N CHARLIE’S.

ENTRIES may be made in person at: South Austin Marine on Hwy 290, S. Austin Marine Lakeside on N. FM 620 or McBride’s Guns by no later than 4:30 PM Saturday, 4/17/10 or at Fish Finders Marine in RR by 4:30 pm on Friday 4/16, or @ the Skeeter Demo rides @ Carlos’N Charlies on Saturday during demo hours. LAST MINUTE ENTRIES may be made in person at Tournament Point from 12:00 noon Saturday, April 17, 2010 until 6:00 AM Sunday, April 18, 2010. Also entry forms can be picked up at local Academy stores. If you need more information please contact Kent Harris 512-924-6906.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'm also interested in knowing how it went. I was planning on fishing this one, and I actually pre-fished for the past three days trying to figure something out. However, after those three days, my partner and I were fairly unsuccessful with trying to get them figured out. The only thing that we had going would have MAYBE scratched us out a limit for 10-12 pounds. We didn't think that would be enough to cut us a check, so we had a hard time justifying dropping $100 on something when we were pretty sure we couldn't even win that back. Of course, if we find out now that it was won with only 10-12 pounds, then we're going to be kicking ourselves. ;D Pretty sure that's not the case though...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Thats fishing, we fished two out there last yr had 14 lb twice & missed the money!! Go figure. :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fishing was EXTREMELY tough on Sunday ...for keeper fish anyway. We had 134 teams and I think less that 40 came to the scales. 1st and 2nd had 14+ pounds, don't remember 3rd, and 4th was 11+. Big Bass was around 7.5

Thanks to all who fished!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I fished the tourny Sunday, and man it was tough. Maybe someone can tell me (as I hadn't been On Travis since last May), but did the water rise a few feet in the last few days?

I know it got to almost full pool after the rains of late, but looked to me like the lake had risen in the last few days( bluebonnets in the water etc etc).

We caught fish all day, but I cannot remember a time when I have caught that many dinks on travis. I caught probably ten fish on a full size spook Sunday, and I don't think more than three of them were bigger than the spook. Its always been a big-fish lure for me, but not Sunday.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Timber,

Yes the lake came up probably 6-12 inches from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. We stayed at my buddies lake house and it came up at least that much.

We also caught a bunch of fish.. we had 2 keepers that weighed 5 lbs, but did not weigh in as we figured it was useless. I lost 2 good keepers, that would have put us in the money, and missed a bunch more. It was a tough day, and Saturday I had a limit in less than 1.5 hours, including a 5 lb kicker. On Sunday in the same areas, we did not catch one keeper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.