1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas Parks & Wildlife posted this on their site erlier:

Canyon Lake Fish Attractors

Interesting...

Does anyone already know about this? Are the fish attractors productive or helpful? I assume so, but I'm curious about this project.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They have been around for years. When I started fishing I would go to Canyon because its close and we would fish some of the attractors in the northwest corner by my buddies lake house. There are some fish their, but we never caught anything big or in large numbers. *I was new to fishing and it might not have been right time of year or bait choice

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
whatwasthat does this with texas parks and wildlife every year. It is a lot of work but he wants future generations to have a quality lake to fish.

Reactions: snapjon

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yes. Many are aware and these attractors do hold fish. Some hold crappie and other species, some hold bass.

They dont hold fish year round, but during the summer time a lot of them are a pretty sure bet. When you find one, it's probably a pretty good idea to scan the area, there are likely more that have been dropped in the area.

There are quite a few brushpiles on Canyon, but the best thing I can say is that in the last year and a half there has been a lot of green gold growing all over the lake. It started off in 2 small areas and has spread rapidly. I am so glad I did not get rid of my punching gear. Canyon is being called the next Amistad by many.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Oooooohh! I'm in, let's go hit the grass!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes. Many are aware and these attractors do hold fish. Some hold crappie and other species, some hold bass.

They dont hold fish year round, but during the summer time a lot of them are a pretty sure bet. When you find one, it's probably a pretty good idea to scan the area, there are likely more that have been dropped in the area.

There are quite a few brushpiles on Canyon, but the best thing I can say is that in the last year and a half there has been a lot of green gold growing all over the lake. It started off in 2 small areas and has spread rapidly. I am so glad I did not get rid of my punching gear. Canyon is being called the next Amistad by many.
What is green gold? plant life I guess?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Hydrilla my friend. Green in color and as good as gold.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thanks Snap. By reading that article I now have GPS coordinates to key structure points on Canyon lake. That is really helpful and believe me they will be tested soon. Now if I can find one of those for LA.........;)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Thanks Snap. By reading that article I now have GPS coordinates to key structure points on Canyon lake. That is really helpful and believe me they will be tested soon. Now if I can find one of those for LA.........;)
You want some GPS coordinates on lake Austin? For big structure? I got some. One you won't ever be able to fish but some others you will. Pm me.

Reactions: GrantGoodner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts