Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Canyon for the first time in a while. Looks like the wakeboard boats from Dunlap and McQueeny, have transferred to Canyon. Lots of traffic for a weekday.

The fishing was tough as expected, but did find some fish grouped up. Caught 6 fish in one spot, and missed two others. Only one keeper out of the group, but still fun. Moved to a couple other spots, including an offshore ledge that normally has fish stacked with no luck.

Threw topwater right at dark with no hits. Ended up with 7-8 fish, but better than a skunk (which Canyon serves up regularly).

Water temp was 83-84, and the fish were still relatively shallow 12-15 feet. All fish caught on a drop shot, nada on the jig this trip.

Once the water temp hits 85 and up, it always seems to go dead for me. It will be night-trippin time after that.

Hittin Amistad this weekend. I should get my line stretched proper down there. Good fishing...

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Summer patterns are setting in. Thanks for the report!

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weekends are pretty out of control from now until about October.

What tournament were you guys fishing?

From daylight until about 10:30 is all I want. After that, the pleasure boaters are out and its go time.

Canyon has got to be the worst weekend lake I can think of for boat traffic. Medina and Travis are bad, but Canyon takes the cake for sure//nowhere to hide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.